atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 94astro ESI presence management - 10/13/09 06:09 PM
On the ESI door phone, is there a code to release the strike? How I've done it before is make a door unlock key, I know it'll work that way. But I got a location that answers the doors on analog cordless phones sometimes, is there any way for them to open the door with a code?
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI presence management - 10/13/09 06:57 PM
No, for security reasons. If you want to answer the door with a cordless, you'll need an ESI cordless phone.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI presence management - 10/13/09 08:09 PM
That's a shame, they need to add a door unlock code. That way you don't need to burn a button and analog phones can open doors. If it's a security issue, we should be able to give extensions the ability to unlock the door or not.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI presence management - 10/14/09 05:04 AM
Send it in as an enhancement request.
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: ESI presence management - 10/14/09 05:55 AM
Yep, needs to be digital only.

Great idea about sending it to enhancements.

We had a similar problem with the auto record feature not able to record on an analog port at a power plant.

Cosmo
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI presence management - 10/14/09 10:09 AM
Yeah I'll send it in.
Posted By: Avanti1 Re: ESI presence management - 05/09/11 02:31 PM
there is a fix to this its putting the analog ext back into esi as an co trunk. and then make that analog phone part of the rining group then
you can press 9 to open door. I have done this and it works..
Posted By: Avanti1 Re: ESI presence management - 05/09/11 02:31 PM
there is a fix to this its putting the analog ext back into esi as an co trunk. and then make that analog phone part of the rining group then
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI presence management - 05/19/11 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 94astro:
On the ESI door phone, is there a code to release the strike? How I've done it before is make a door unlock key, I know it'll work that way. But I got a location that answers the doors on analog cordless phones sometimes, is there any way for them to open the door with a code?
Yes,
On the older versions you could dtmf a code, a dealer close to me told me this, what ESI phone system are we talking about?
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI presence management - 05/19/11 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Avanti1:
Would the cordless (analog ext) still function normally?
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI presence management - 05/20/11 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Avanti1:
You have no problem with the analog port getting hung up on the CO port from time to time? Just asking because there is no disconnect supervision on an analog port.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help