atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/29/09 07:17 PM
Ok, So I've gone down the line with most of the programming, but I am seeing that the Auto Attendant is "function 4". Seems that in the programming mode, I have functions 1, 3, 5, 6...but no 2 and 4 in the prompts; and if I press 2 or 4, nothing. I need to program the AA, but seem to be locked out. Any help would be appreciated. (There is already an AA in place, I just need to re-record greetings and map extensions).
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/29/09 08:41 PM
It sounds like you are entering the Admin password and not the Installer password. The Installer pw will give you full access to programming.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 02:53 AM
AJ, You are definitely in ADMIN programming instead of INSTALLER programming which would offer you options for 2 & 4 as well as the others. It is not uncommon for one to think the ADMIN level is the top tier of programming.

I know the Real Estate business is kinda tight right now but the help you need is well worth a few bucks to a local ESI Tech.

I know a few in your area or we can swap a few emails but due to restrictions on password posting not much else can be done in the open forum.
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 08:10 AM
Let me know if you get to that point and need help, we might be neighbors.
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 09:14 AM
You guys are helpful, thank you. I just need to locate the installer pwd. If unable to get, is there a reset option (without completely reinitializing the system)? Norstar has that option I believe.

I'd love to call a tech, just can't afford it (I AM these people's tech...unfortunately). I am well aware of my newbieness smile
Posted By: Justin M Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 09:54 AM
The only password reset option is through an ESI Dealer.
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 10:02 AM
Figured that was comin...Hopefully they (the company whom my clients bought the system from) can provide.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 11:41 AM
Click Here for an article on this subject by what appears to be a rather forward thinking individual. :rofl:
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 04/30/09 11:53 AM
Originally posted by grider:
Click Here for an article on this subject by what appears to be a rather forward thinking individual. :rofl:
Gee if that guy gets any smarter..... :bow:
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 06:26 PM
Hey guys; what about a complete re-initialization to go back to the default settings and password? There is no way to do that? Meaning, whomever set the password--it's that same one forever? Doubtful..
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Justin M:
The only password reset option is through an ESI Dealer.
You did Read this?
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 06:51 PM
Yeah, right after the last post of mine. *sigh* haha. I 100% admit that I'm new at this, but I'm not looking for an "easy fix", as in "gimme a password!" or "how to reset it!". I've done 4 or 5 different systems in the past, and they've all had a 'reset option'. So, learning that this ESI Dealer phone call is required, does anyone know of a good number to call, or direct me to a website? I was able to find ONE (972) phone number, which is closed (after hours). I'm assuming there's no tech support line, or any such thing? Jeeeeez I sure wish I had the installer password--all I have to change is the auto attendant greeting--that's IT. Everything else is programmed. AHHHH!!
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 07:02 PM
And I just spoke with the person that sold the phone system to my friends/clients; and they said we'd need an ESI person to come out and reset the PW. Assuming that's my only option, will that also require a re-initialization of the system, or can they just reset the PW and leave the programming in tact?
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 07:10 PM
If that person knows the password, they can either give it to you or chamge it to something else or the default without changing any of the programming.
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/06/09 07:14 PM
Well, unfortunately, the person who owned the system doesn't have it--so I'm guessing only whoever installed it (an ESI tech, no doubt) possesses it. Anyone know a good phone # to try? I'm in Orange County, CA...if it matters
Posted By: grider Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 02:57 AM
all I have to change is the auto attendant greeting--that's IT. Everything else is programmed. AHHHH!!

The AA greeting can be changed using the ADMIN password.

The system can be initialized and the passwords will reset to default but the current password is required to activate the initialize procedure so your still out of luck.

94astro has requested your location since you might be neighbors. Great starting point! A member named SST is in Timecula, CA that might be close or not. :shrug:

Upstateny can find you a local dealer if you ask him nicely. He did it for KATHY

You can call ESI and request a local reseller referral, they won't give you tech support but they will dern sure give you a list of contacts.

Dude, meet us halway :read:
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 04:21 AM
Let me know if you would like help finding a dealer.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 09:16 AM
I'm in Temecula, if you need any assistance give me a call 951-302-1854 x107
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 09:21 AM
Thanks for all the help you guys, it's greatly appreciated.

And Grider...I used the admin password, yet couldn't get any functions under "4" which is all of the auto attendant functions. If you know otherwise, please enlighten--that's the only thing I need to program.

SST, I'm sure I'll be calling you soon. Thanks again
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 09:29 AM
Originally posted by AJBRE Servcs:
Thanks for all the help you guys, it's greatly appreciated.

And Grider...I used the admin password, yet couldn't get any functions under "4" which is all of the auto attendant functions. If you know otherwise, please enlighten--that's the only thing I need to program.

SST, I'm sure I'll be calling you soon. Thanks again
The AA greetings are under function 6...the AA programming is under function 4....which requires installer level access.
Posted By: grider Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 09:58 AM
If you know otherwise, please enlighten--that's the only thing I need to program.

Yep, Function 6 (recording of prompts).

You have officially been enlightened. :thumb:
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 10:23 AM
I just went into the programming (admin of course), and in the install guide, it says you can record AA main greeting, however, it's not one of the "branch ID's" listed, i.e. 530, 531, etc. Where would I locate the main greeting?
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 10:25 AM
Try using Branch ID 1...that is the default main greeting.
Posted By: AJBRE Servcs Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/07/09 10:39 AM
Branch ID 1 worked like a charm. My work is officially done then. Thanks again you guys, I'm very appreciative of the help. This forum is great! Cheers.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI IVX-128 -- HELP?!? - 05/08/09 01:50 PM
here's a couple of links for any future reference you may need:

https://selectsystems.biz/techsupport.html

https://selectsystems.biz/ESI_Tutorial/esi.html
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help