atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GHarman ESI-Access - 02/12/08 10:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem programming via ESI-Access using the Network option. I connect to the NSP IP Address of the cabinet on port 59002 and it claims the network card is not responding however in fact does respond to ping and the IP phones are up and running. There is no firewall in front of this system and its a direct connection to the DSL modem with a public IP so there are no firewall issues here.

Any ideas?
Posted By: grider Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 02:13 AM
Is the IP a static IP?
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 03:46 AM
What type system are you trying to access?
Posted By: BCHD Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 05:13 AM
I am not sure which carrier you are connecting through, but Embarq DSL modems DO have an integrated Firewall and NAT translations that can cause problems with things like this. I had to go into the admin interface of the DSL modem at my house and turn off the firewall and NAT and forward all necessary ports to the IP address that they needed to go to before I could get some of the services on my home network going again. Since then I have had no problems, so you might want to try and check the admin interface of the DSL modem and make sure there is no firewall built in and that the ports are forwarded to the correct IP address.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 05:18 AM
Can you access it on site?
Posted By: GHarman Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 05:20 PM
The DSL is on Static Service.

There is absolutley no firewall, I am aware of the modems built in firewall.

I can access it onsite via a Serial Cable thats it.

Accessing a IVX E CLass Gen II

Thanks.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 05:55 PM
If you can ping it you are obviously making the connection and it would seem to point towards a bug in ESI Acess or in the firmware of the IVC Card. What does tech support say?
Posted By: GHarman Re: ESI-Access - 02/13/08 10:54 PM
Havent tried contacting Techsupport.

Anybody have any other input before I do?

Thanks
Posted By: grider Re: ESI-Access - 02/14/08 03:47 AM
For what it is worth information!

I connect regularly to a 72E via remote network connection with 0 problems however, an attempt to ping the NSP is unsuccessful.

Moments prior to this message I connected using ESI_Access and then I closed out of the system. I then tried to ping both the private IP and the Network IP and both were unsuccessful.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI-Access - 02/14/08 04:03 AM
call esi, have them get in remotely and unlock the nsp port. happens all the time.
Posted By: gambitfw Re: ESI-Access - 02/19/08 02:11 PM
There is a DOS tool called PORTQRY out on the internet (google it) that will let you query a particular port using an IP address. If the NSP is responding to ping commands, try a portqry to see if port 59002 is listening for UDP or TCP traffic. Not really a solution, but just a diagnostic tool.
Posted By: SST Re: ESI-Access - 02/19/08 08:11 PM
I connect to the NSP IP Address of the cabinet on port 59002 and it claims the network card is not responding however in fact does respond to ping and the IP phones are up and running.
The IP phones are not on the NSP card. They would be working on a different IP address than the NSP. Check to make sure you are using the correct IP address for the NSP card. You can use Hyperterm or some other terminal emulator to connect to the NSP. A carrige return should prompt for a password.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ESI-Access - 02/19/08 10:39 PM
One thing you can try before calling TS is go into a command prompt and type :
telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 59002

If the NSP has a session that is stuck it will say something like "NSP currently in use by vvv.vvv.vvv.vvv" if that is what it says, call TS, it will take them 2 min to remove it.

If they issue an NSP reload, be sure to warn any users with VIP that they will need to EXIT Outlook and then come back in once the NSP is cleared.
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI-Access - 02/20/08 01:20 PM
You can also connect over dialup and reprogram any one of the function 824 parameters. That can reset a locked up NSP.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI-Access - 02/23/08 02:28 PM
GHarman, did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks!

Justin
Posted By: windy13 Re: ESI-Access - 02/27/08 10:50 PM
Originally posted by GHarman:
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem programming via ESI-Access using the Network option. I connect to the NSP IP Address of the cabinet on port 59002 and it claims the network card is not responding however in fact does respond to ping and the IP phones are up and running. There is no firewall in front of this system and its a direct connection to the DSL modem with a public IP so there are no firewall issues here.

Any ideas?
Re-boot the router, on site where the ESI is installed. Been there done that.

Windy
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help