atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous S Class Freezes up - 01/08/07 08:45 AM
I've got a site that about once a month their system locks up. There will be one person on the phone, then when someone else goes to pick up a line, they get nothing. No internal dial tone, the display stays on, however no buttons work.

After a power cycle, the system is fine.

Has anyone run into a situation like this?
Posted By: upstateny Re: S Class Freezes up - 01/08/07 12:53 PM
I had a C Class that would freeze up. We swapped power supplies, then the system with no luck. Finally we put voltage regulators on the phone lines and so far so good.
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: S Class Freezes up - 01/16/07 09:16 AM
Having the same problem with E class. Replaced HDD yesterday, waiting for failure.

Voltage regulators are my next step, as this problem started when the customer added three lines from a new channel bank...
Posted By: grider Re: S Class Freezes up - 01/16/07 01:47 PM
I never have had this problem on a system operating from POTS lines. I do have a similar circumstance with one using channel bank, however it is a C-Class not S. A line key will stay lit even though both ends have hung up. In process of trial and error adjusting of line receive volume per ESI tech support. I will post with results later.

John
Posted By: breeze Re: S Class Freezes up - 01/21/07 10:48 AM
I had this happen on a 56 S and a 72 E Gne 2 with older 24 / 48 key phones. The series of phones were back before the headset plug was installed on the 48 key. The only source that we determined was causing the problem was a 4 conductor line cord. We swapped out everything up to the cord and finally with a single pair line cord, the system stopped locking up. That was a bad day!
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/19/07 05:14 PM
Any update on adjustment of line receive volume here?
The system I have doing this just started freezing up again.
Posted By: grider Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/19/07 06:20 PM
Lowered receive volume from 6 down to 4. Haven't heard of a problem since. FYI on this particular system. ESI tech support could not log in remotely prior to this adjustment. Sometimes what is provided by CLEC isn't up to snuff until you request adjustments.

John
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/20/07 05:43 PM
I just visited the site. Lowered from 10 to 6 (no idea why it was at 10). Now I have another issue, when I hit the key for line 1, all I get is a busy signal. I can call in on it, but can't access it to go out. Checked programming for line access. I'm thinking they cooked the co port.

This particular system is fed dt by two channel banks. I'm thinking the lines are too hot. Going to do some research on what resistors to drop in line and back off the juice a little.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/20/07 07:41 PM
Isn't the line receive volume set to 10 by default, and the open loop interval set to 6 by default?

As for the possible blown C.O. port 1, I think I would double-check programming: button mapping, C.O. line group membership (is C.O. 1 actually IN the dial-9 group?), station's line group access, etc. An incoming call being able to be answered but not used for outgoing can be accomplished thru programming. That's why I'm thinking these things should be double-checked.

It's not unusual for dial tone to be "hot" coming out of channel banks. The provider should be able to pad the levels to compensate for this. They probably have it adjusted as if you were a mile from the unit, instead of adjusting it for being right next to it.
Posted By: grider Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/21/07 08:51 AM
Originally posted by tylerpd1:
I just visited the site. Lowered from 10 to 6 (no idea why it was at 10).
It was set to 10 as the factory default. The system I have spoke of worked great with no issues till the CLEC took over from Bellsouth. My first adjustment was to 8 and have worked down 2 at a time till results obtained.

John
Posted By: tylerpd1 Re: S Class Freezes up - 03/21/07 04:22 PM
I'll give it another shot.
Thanks!

Tyler
Posted By: Hospitalityphones Re: S Class Freezes up - 04/10/07 07:23 PM
There was an experience I had with a C class where an internal counter related to voicemail his a threshhold and locked up. I talked with a female tech there and she discovered the problem and reset a counter in the factory programming. I iwsh I remembered her name at ESI. She was a tech support person. She had to get into the phone system herself to correct it.
Posted By: LaneComm Re: S Class Freezes up - 04/16/07 10:22 AM
Test the lines for CPC disconnect thought the Installer programming. And put a meter on the CO lines and check voltage. If you have Hot DT you should be able to adjust the "build out" on the channel back as opposed to the system to correct the problem.

If adjust the ESI setting to much you can cause other wierd troubles.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help