atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stepswitch Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 06:38 AM
Who is a good supplier (pricewise) for tie wrap mounts. Also, what kind of mounts do you guys prefer? I prefer the ones that screw down instead of the sticky backs.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 07:26 AM
I prefer screws also but I have both. The sticky backed ones come in handy sometimes like under desks etc. On backboards it's always screws.

-Hal
Posted By: Silversam Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 09:20 AM
Me three. There's a place for adhesive mounts, but I feel they should be used sparingly.

Sam
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 09:25 AM
I use both...the adhesive ones are nice for inside sound racks. That's the only place I use them. For the screw mount ones, I like Panduit LPMS.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 09:33 AM
I always use the screw down on vertical surfaces, but agree with Hal and Sam, that the sticky-backs can be useful in certain situations.

We get ours at Graybar, fwiw.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 11:32 AM
I've always been very happy with Premier (Sprint North Supply's house brand) cable ties and mounts. They are now sold under the Embarq Logistics name by Eltas Direct or Womack Electrical Supply. Premier's ties/mounts are actually made by Tyton/Hellerman. I've never trusted the adhesive mounts.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 11:51 AM
The ahesive backed ones with a screw hole cover all the bases, and are especially handy when you are trying to mount in an awkward place. Peel, Stick, Screw. smile John C.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
The ahesive backed ones with a screw hole cover all the bases, and are especially handy when you are trying to mount in an awkward place. Peel, Stick, Screw. smile John C.
exactly ,its like the adhesive tape on a biscuit jack or surface mount box , use it to hold it in place while your securing it with a screw
Posted By: johhz Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 05:16 PM
We just put a couple of staples in the middle of the tie wrap to secure wires to the board. Works great, hold well, and cost less.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 05:39 PM
Tacky, tacky, tacky.

-Hal
Posted By: DJG Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 06:52 PM
I'm with John C. and Skip, Peel Stick & Screw. every time when you just use the sticky, you come back 6 months later, it's laying on the floor.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 07:21 PM
Well, I can't say that I disagree with the staple gun strategy on small cable bundles. I absolutely cannot stand when the mounts are visible. I use the tiny one-hole mounts which are only 1/2" wide. If the bundle won't cover them, then out comes the T-18 or T-25 and color-matched cable ties. Sorry...
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 07:37 PM
I will admit that is one problem I run into with sound racks, particularly the 50 year old one I have at home. After changing things around, the weight of the cable tends to rip the mount right off the side. Many of the newer racks have cable lacing bars built into the sides. If I took a pic of all the adhesive residue inside this rack, I don't think any of you guys would speak to me again smile
Posted By: Fletcher Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/04/09 09:43 PM
Deepsurplus has 'em cheap, but I don't know about the quality. They appear to be sticky only.

Jack
Posted By: johhz Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/05/09 07:57 PM
When we use the staple method, it is on small bundles, usually 10 or less cables.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Tie Wrap Mounts - 01/05/09 07:58 PM
Anything large, on a backboard, I use d-rings...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help