atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adrian Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 12:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

Had to restart a system this morning because PRI died, turned out to be a carrier fault anyway.

Port on a DLI8 card has disappeared. When I go via the key set programming, S03-009 (which just happens to be my port) has vanished.

Restored programming via PCMMC however still no dice, been using Samsung for 15 years and never have seen this. If I scroll though the card ports out of the 16 channels (2 per station) that single DLI port is just gone. I tried resetting the port via Port clear MMC but nothing. Swapped out the DLI card thinking maybe the card had an issue, but still no dice. Has anyone seen a whole port just disappear from a system before?
Posted By: Adrian Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 12:45 AM
FYI I tried doing a relocation, however when I relocate my extension the problem carries across. My name shows on the phone with no extension number, however in PCMMC my extension number is still allocated in the system number programming.. *cries* changing extension number does not help.
Posted By: nameless Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 12:49 AM
Check it via KMMC.

Do you have the correct version PCMMC?

The 500's are sensitive to this and corruption can occur if the wrong version is used.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 12:56 AM
Yes have the right version, but as noted in my previous post, the port is missing from the KMMC. This is why I am so confused, it just jumps from port 8 to port 10. Ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,16! Port 9 being my port.

(Sorry I didn't make that clear - apologies)
Posted By: nameless Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 01:01 AM
Then you have DB corruption.

Backup, default and reprogram.

If you're lucky you can restore it from you're pcmmc backup
Posted By: Adrian Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 01:06 AM
Crud. Is there at least a way I can spare the SVMI-8? Is it best to pull it and reinstall only after the programming is back to normal?
Posted By: nameless Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 01:07 AM
Yes that will work, I do it all the time
Posted By: Adrian Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 01:10 AM
Awesome! Thanks mate
Posted By: Adrian Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 12:53 PM
I turned off the system to pull the SVMI-8 and the system would not turn back on after being off for 5. Then it turned out the PSU in the system and our 2 backup spare systems were also faulty. Cobbled together a PSU to get it going and the corruption was worse, no 2xx extension could be called. Defaulted and reloaded from the PCMMC and all good, back to normal. *sigh of relief* still can't believe how unlucky with the PSU's. 4 Dead in total across the main system and our two backup cold systems.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/12/15 01:24 PM
You're not unlucky, every time I have to power down a 500 I keep my fingers crossed it only blows one power supply.
Almost all of our customers have at least 1 spare onsite because of this.
Gotta love the craftsmanship of those 500 psu's. What a work of art they are.
Posted By: tatenda Re: Port disappeared from DCS500 - 11/13/15 10:55 AM
PSUs to OS500 systems are a b**** and i had to upgrade 7 sites to OS7400 because I could not source hem power supplies. Once you open one PSU for repairs, you might as well throw it into he bin.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help