atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: emeraldisle 7400 auto reboot - 05/27/14 05:38 PM
Is there a program on a 7400 running 4.60b to tell it to reboot automatically at a set time
Once a day or week etc ?
Posted By: Gerrya Re: 7400 auto reboot - 05/27/14 06:50 PM
Why would you want to do that there is for the voicemail
don't know about system personally if not broken don't touch
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: 7400 auto reboot - 05/27/14 08:29 PM
I think it's a small bit broken I'm afraid !!
It's a 7400 with mcp 4.60b with a Pri card and sip trunks for outgoing and a voicemail card and OAS card it has 5 x 16 dli cads and a sli card
The system is locking up in that the voicemail the Pri card and the sip trunks go inactive after a couple of day ( could be 3 days could be 8 days) no real pattern to it. The phones still work internally but no incoming calls no voicemail and no outgoing over sip a reboot and it all comes up fine until the next time .
So far we have changed the svmi-20e to a new svmi-20i and changed the chassis but no luck. It's behind a mikrotik router and it's locked down to the ip of the sip provider and had a mikrotik engineer look over the config and he says it looks ok. There is also exchange on it. I have closed port 5090 as I felt it was more frequent when we had remote access to it. It's still happens but it think no as often. I was thinking a DOS attack but not sure how ?
Any ideas
Posted By: Gerrya Re: 7400 auto reboot - 05/28/14 02:59 PM
Is there any indication in fault logs?
Also are you using white lists
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: 7400 auto reboot - 05/28/14 08:51 PM
Hi
No there is nothing in the logs and I'm not using the whitelist
Posted By: Gerrya Re: 7400 auto reboot - 05/29/14 08:39 AM
Have you looked in voicemail logs
Maybe someone is trying to hack your system
Make sure there's no mailboxes not needed
Change passwords and unless using it stop out dialling from mailboxes
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: 7400 auto reboot - 06/09/14 06:58 AM
Just an update on the fault
From the last time it happened it lasted 12 days and then it froze again. In the system logs the only thing that shows up is SVM network error and the system freezes about 30mins to an hour after that. After the reboot everthing was fine but then it happened 2 days later with the same SVM network error.

we have changed the voicemail from SVMi20E to a SVMi20I and the chassis and the mp40

any ideas ??
thanks
Posted By: Gerrya Re: 7400 auto reboot - 06/09/14 11:25 AM
check your ip config might be conflict

with someone using that ip address ?
Posted By: Workaround Kid Re: 7400 auto reboot - 06/09/14 04:54 PM
Check the fan is running in 2.2.0
Posted By: tripod.qc Re: 7400 auto reboot - 06/09/14 06:05 PM
Known issue in version 4.60b check alarm log for Reg OK and Reg NOK.
Update to minimum 4.70D to resolve that issue.
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: 7400 auto reboot - 08/04/14 10:31 AM
Hi All
Another update
system froze again this morning ...no access to voicemail.pri,sip trunks I disconnected to lan cable going to the voicemail card about 10 days ago to see if I could rule it out ...... so when it went this morning after I restarted it I went back into logs it showed HDLC Comm Error instead of the
SVM network error it used to so.
any ideas very welcome
Posted By: tatenda Re: 7400 auto reboot - 08/04/14 02:52 PM
1.If u have 2 or more cabinets, then change interconnecting fly leads between LCP and MP cards.

2.Try to change the PBX LAN cable port on the switch.

3.If the PBX earth is connected to the complex ground, have it disconnected for some days because the ground might be experiencing AC voltage leakage.
4. one or more of your DLI ports might be having a short circuit.
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: 7400 auto reboot - 10/21/14 09:43 PM
Quick update ..
The system can remain stable for a number of weeks but if any program changes need to be done and we do it from the office with the device manager the system
Will go down within a couple of hours of doing the changes.
Them changes could be anything changing a name a ddi etc
First the reception will notice the voicemail has gone down because if people try to dial the mailbox it defaults to main group but then also the sip trunks will stop working for dialling out and also the pri will stop for incoming calls.
I will still have access with the dm so I can reset the reset the system remotely and when It reboots all is ok again ..... Any ideas anyone samsung tech support
Say to upgrade everything to the latest version it's on 4.60b at the moment ????
Thanks
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: 7400 auto reboot - 10/22/14 09:52 PM
Have you tried using a different Memory card? If that becomes corrupt it could cause all of these symptoms. It is possible for the card itself to have issues. You would have to get a new one from your distributor or vendor. Then just copy restore database from download.
Posted By: John807 Re: 7400 auto reboot - 10/24/14 05:36 PM
We have had problems with 4.60b as well. We upgraded the systems to the latest release and the troubles disappeared. Hope this helps.
John
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help