atcomsystems.ca/forum
OfficeServer 7100 - The auto Attendant answers the call, but the call rings and rings and does not tranfer to the operator voicemail. This feature used to work. However, when they (The company that sold it) upgraded software on the phone system it stopped working.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
How do you know the AA answered, do you hear the main Greeting? Are you trying to go to a general mailbox because no digits were dialed?

This feature used to work. However, when they (The company that sold it) upgraded software on the phone system it stopped working.

Make them come back and finish the job!
The way the system used to work is the following:
- outside caller called the office and the Auto Attendant would answer. "Thank you for calling etc.. dial your parties extension or press 0 for the operator or just wait and you will be transfered to an operator"
-After 4 rings it would go to the operator voicemail if the call is not answered.(Which now just rings and rings until someone answers or the caller gives up)

I don't want the company to come back. Everytime they come back to fix something they break something else.
Does 0 call the operator group or the ext. of the opperator?
Yes
Originally posted by Brian B - Florida:
Yes
That does not answer the question posted. When "0" is pressed from the menu, does it dial the Operator Group or the extension for the Operator.
Sounds like the next port field in the operator group is not set to 519.
Sorry, Yes It calls the operator Group (which is ALL Extensions)
Intercom 500 and see if the voicemail answers after a delay at all. If not then like above some programming has to be done in the phone system side to get the call back to the voicemail. Then you will have to see after that.
What you are saying makes a little bit of sense. If I go to a phone and type the following:

[Deleted]

Thanks for your help

EDIT: Please do not post tech level programming in the public forum.
When I type Intercom 500 it rings wihtout any voicemail.
PM sent.
i have the same exact problem. No matter what i do, operator does not transfer to voice mail and keeps ringing.

Can someone please help?
The operator group is in No-Messaging Eclass, maybe you should use another extension group or change the 500/5000 Eclass setting.
I make a Mailbox or select BOTH in MMC 741 and change the ECLASS for it to STANDARD (Web MMC programming).

Check MMC 601 to see if the next port is 519 for Group 500. It should be as Genesiscomm has stated. Also the Overflow time should be set accordingly (4 seconds/ every ring = 16 for 4 rings).
I don't think you should use 500 as the operator group. Make it another group and create mailbox for it.
There are 2 ways to accomplish this.

1. In vm menu block forward station and forward trunk 500 to a mailbox.

2. Create a mb for ext 500 and then have it auto forward to a specific station or give instructions to access it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help