atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ryan0320 "No ch available" / Rebooting Phone System - 10/08/08 03:39 PM
We are getting "No ch available" when we call one specific phone number. The phone number is close to our phone numbering scheme. For example, our phone numbers start with 630-930-5xxx. The phone number we are trying to dial is 630-930-5xxx, but not one of our numbers. This has worked for years. All the sudden it stopped working. I asked my Samsung rep and she suggested rebooting the phone system.

Is there a way to reboot the phone system from OfficeServ Manager so I can remotely log into my computer and initiate a reboot after hours? I noticed in the manuals that OfficeServ Manager has MMC 811 reset system but I don't want to touch it without asking someone first.

Thanks.
It is NEVER a good idea to re-boot a system remotely. That MMC will not be available for that very reason.
What is the proper way to reboot the pbx?
Always halt the SVMi voice mail via MCC 7XX and wait a couple minutes before shutting off power or rebooting the system itself. If you need to do remote resetting do it from an IP phone, not OS Mgr if you can (if equipped with MGI). Then you can halt VM. Restart and TEST to see if everything is OK (via the IP set) before you walk into a hornet's nest the next morning.

Ask your Samsung Rep about upgrading to V4.XX IT tool if this is a 7000-series.
No ch available? What system and is this a PRI, IP?
Thanks for the advice Noisycow.

Phonman123:
This is a OfficeServ 7200 on a PRI.
Let me add something here. When I dial the phone number I'm dialing 9,1,area code, phone number. I've tried just dialing 9, phone number also. The phone displays reads 7022: No ch available. If I pick and try and dial again the display will read 7023: No ch available. Is the 7022 or 7023 a Trunk No that I need to investigate?
You need to look into your PRI programming a little deeper. You might be getting glare or the channels are not searching correctly.
Ryan
This problem goes beyond what we can help an end-user with in the open forum, you could make your problems worse. This requires the support of your installing dealer.
Thanks. I also decided to submit a trouble ticket with the PRI provider to see if they can shed some light on this. I'll post the solution in the forum once I get this resolved.
RESOLVED!

The company I was calling had the same voice provider as us. As soon I created a trouble ticket with my voice provider, they fixed the problem on their end and everything is working now. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Ryan
Thanks for the update. :thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help