atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jelltech samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 07:03 PM
Is it possible to change the station number on a phone?
When I dial ext. 208 I get a super busy signal and it reads plug out on the display. Why?
I need extension 208 for a new person.

an outcoming call is redirected to the initial recorded office greeting instead of that extension or that extension's mail box.
How do I change this?

she is using a samsung prostar dcs compact.

Do I need to open that?
Sorry, I realize this sounds extremely ignorant but the manual is "who knows where" and there is no one here who knows how to fix this. I have googled for at least 3 hours and frustrated.
Posted By: AT3518 Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 07:13 PM
"plug out" means there's no phone plugged in.
You need to connect a phone!

As for voicemail problem, you really need a manual.
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 07:14 PM
Thanks !

I feel like an idiot.
Thanks again.
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 08:24 PM
I have been able to record a voice mail greeting and the mailbox can be checked--I don't know how the messages were there when I have been unable to dial the extension and arrive at the voice mail greeting.

Not sure how many problems I have here.
Any additional info would be helpful.
Thanks.
Posted By: Catfish Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 08:38 PM
1.) Yes, it possible to change the station number on the phone, in more than one way.

2.) "PLUG OUT" means nothing is connected, so plug in the phone (although it may need to be cross-connected).

3.) I'm not sure what an "outcoming call" is. If you meant inbound calls not getting to the extension the caller entered, you should get a qualified tech to take a look at your VM/AA settings.
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/22/07 09:47 PM
Thanks !
I meant incoming, I was so frazzled when I typed the questions that I made an error.
Posted By: Cracker Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/23/07 04:14 PM
Voice Mail can recieve a call when a station is not connected. The station/extension number and the mailbox number are the same but they act independant in a lot of ways.
Posted By: cyne Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/24/07 08:50 AM
for the falcon 18d how do i call forward to another outside number? ie. my cell phone?
Posted By: Cracker Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/24/07 03:13 PM
With the hanset on-hook press transfer then 102. Press 6 and put in the trunk group number, 9 on most systems, and the number you want the calls forwarded to.
Press transfer to save.
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/24/07 04:52 PM
I tried that but the phone display indicated I was at station 202 and so any chnages I made were for 202. I tried the up down key to get to station 208 but cannot. None of the other phones indicate that the phone is station 208.
The owner has no idea what to do--I'm just the assistant trying to fix the problem for the new agent.
I clearly don't know what I'm doing.
But, thanks for your suggestion.
Posted By: Catfish Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/25/07 07:00 AM
Just call 208 from any other station and see if it rings somewhere. If you get a "Plug Out" error there is no phone connected to 208.

Station level programming as Cracker gave you will have to be done at each station. To program more than one station at a time you'll need Administrator or Technician level access.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/25/07 08:23 AM
for the falcon 18d how do i call forward to another outside number? ie. my cell phone?

While programming steps are similar for most Samsung products it is important to provide which system and voicemail you have. The iDCS18 telephone set is used on many Samsung systems and in some cases is not enough information for an accurate answer. What you want to do depends on the type of voicemail. If the voicemail is a Samsung internal unit the type will be displayed on your phone when you access voicemail.

The owner has no idea what to do--I'm just the assistant trying to fix the problem for the new agent.

In this case have the owner contact the installing company for assistance and at that time ask them for information on system model and version as well as voicemail model and version.
Posted By: WRichey Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/25/07 10:38 AM
Jelltech:

You can do these changes in admin programming but you will more than likely loose the extension you are changing. Do you know how to get there? It would be better to have someone come out to your location and crossconnect extension 208 for you. This would be very inexpensive as opposed to having to call in a tech to repair any thing that might get screwed up. (just some advise)

CYNE:
Please do not ask a new question in an existing post. Start a new topic or send a PM please. CMDL is correct without knowing what system you have we can not help you. Jelltech has posted what there system is and the fix for them may be different from yours.
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/25/07 11:35 AM
Thanks to everyone--
I don't know how to cross connect--
looking at instruction manuals, I have learned how to change ringtone, etc, pressing Transfer and then a specific number, etc.

I don't know which system and voicemail I have,
and if I ask the owner, I am 99% certain, she has no idea. She counts on me to pull rabbits out of a hat with various office equipment here and usually after googling, I am successful.

But not this Time.
Thanks-I will keep searching--
Posted By: jelltech Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/25/07 06:10 PM
I have smvi4
Posted By: Cracker Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/26/07 05:10 AM
What is printed on the main cabinet. It could be DCS Prostar Compact, DCS Prostar, 50si, idCS 100 etc. You reallyyyyy need to get a certified dealer to look at your problem.
Posted By: Catfish Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/26/07 04:34 PM
Find out where the system is, the model is screened on the case. In your first post you said it was a Prostar DCS Compact?

If 208 is not connected to some jack on some wall then it will need to be wired (cross-connected), and for that you'll need someone who knows how to do that.

This all sounds like something that could be taken care of in a minimum charge service call. There are probably quite a few Samsung techs in your area. You might ask for some Administrator training, if you're so inclined. It'll help when you need more rabbits.
Posted By: WRichey Re: samsung falcon 18D changes - 08/27/07 05:10 AM
This is why we dont like the extra questions from different posters in a thread. It gets confusing for the reader and the very helpful techs here.

Jelltech has a compact and her problem has been resolved. Through customer programming and a rerecording of the voicemail main greetings.

Catfish is correct however, she would need a tech if any crossconnect work was to be done. Or is major voicemail changes were needed.

Cracker has resolved cyne's problem but no response was made by that poster, by the way it was also the fix for jelltech. Call forwarding was not enabled on ext 208.

Thanks everyone for your dedication and hard work on this board. It would not be possible with out Y'all.

What a great Place :toast: :thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help