atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TELCOM Idcs 100 R2 VOIP no remote phone connection - 08/17/06 06:25 PM
Need a little help on where to look next. I am able to get Ip phones to connect if I use the local ip from the local network. However when I put them at remote site I don’t get any connection. So I moved off of local ip and put it in front of the firewall. Now am direct to internet. I can connect with Office serv manager so I know that I can get to the board. Also can ping both address. Phone just shows retry count and ip address of phone server. Counts to 9 retry’s and then starts over. I know I must be overlooking something but can’t see it. Called ISP and they said that they are not blocking ports. Checked password. (Don’t think that would be it anyways as when I put it on the local network there is no problem connecting. I have a copy of the database if needed.

MMC 830

IP address 66.247.209.830 Subnet 255.255.255.248 Gateway 66.247.209.829
IP type Private with Public Public 66.247.209.830
Link 0.0.0.0
News 0.0.0.0
Mac Address 0000F022528B

MMC 831

IP 66.247.209.831
Subnet 255.255.255.248
Gateway 66.247.209.829
IP type Private with Public
Ver V4.0
Reset No
Public Ip 66.247.209.831

MMC 840 Ip sets are set as Publicw/firewall
Leave it how it is but remove the public address.
leave the settings private with public but dont put an ip in the public spot. I think your confusing it by using the same address in both places.

but then again I might be wrong.
Also I dont know if you are aware but the last three digits 830 are way to high for osm to connect. Just another thought
Settings look OK. Did you restart the MGI after changes?
I can think of a few things.
1. Router compatibility
2. Blocked ports ISP
3. Firewall block

Try doing a traceroute. It sounds like your firewall is blocking you. You have a pm
Wrichey, yes the last three digits 830 are correct. I changed them as this is a public board. Just using those as an example of the real thing.

Rowlettdon1.
1. Router compatibility
No router in circuit. using workgroup switch
2. Blocked ports ISP
ISP says they checked and no ports blocked,of coure not that i believe them.
3. Firewall block
No firewall. equipment is in place before firewall.

Once again i can ping both boards, and can connect with office serv from remote.
Posted By: ahm Re: Idcs 100 R2 VOIP no remote phone connection - 08/18/06 05:53 AM
Shouldn't IP Type in 831 be Public instead of Private with public? Also, as wrichey said, it seems like Public IP should be left blank.
Follow my advise above and check it.

remove the public addresses and leave them set as private with public. That has been the most asked question on the board as far as IP goes. there most be 15 posts on this same senario I will dig them up later.
Wrichey I did remove the public Ip as you suggested. Still no improvement. Called Allen at Samsung. He said that it should be in both entries. He seems to think that it it a confict with the Lyksys workgroup switch causing the issue. He said to connect the wg switch to the local network with the samsung still connected as is and see if the wg switch passes the traffic. Also could be a conflict with providers adtran and their routing.
Maybe you all can clear me up. Can't you do it 2 ways. 1) you buy 1 public IP and have everything use that 1 address 2) Do a 1 to 1 so you have bought multiple public IP's

I am a little fuzzy on this since all my experience was on a private network nothing outside
Yes we are using mutiple public ip address's
Enroute to site to troubleshoot
Finally figured out my stupidity. On the IP phone during setup i was inputting the server IP address as 066.247.209.830. Well I seemed to find that if I entered it as 66.247.209.830 it worked. Go figure. The resolution is if you enter it with the zero first you will have issues. Also for those that are wondering. It works great with the public ip in both places. When i had it removed from 831 it showed no mgi channels. Thanks to all who responded :toast: :thumb:
Im glad to hear everything is working for you, but I have to mention that 66.247.209.830 is an invalid IP address. The correct range for any octet is from 1 to 254. Perhaps you are using some kind of different scheme, but I have never heard of that being done with those numbers.
thats news to me TELCOM I only ever use 2 ip addresses and never the same in private and public but we learn something new every day.

Bacher he altered it because the public forum.
Yap, seems you installed the ITP 51XX series and yes no zeros in front of 2 digits addresses instead of 50XX series where you must put zeros ,but why you put zero in only one phone and no for all phones ? Mystery , also how this phones works all in the local network ? Just curiosity. :bang:
They only had 2 ip phones and of course i put the zero on both of them. They have no intention of using on local network. But next time i am down there i will test on local network.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help