atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 01/25/05 07:42 PM
Hello - New to board and to phone systems we use a Samsung Prostar 816 plus. The music on hold is not working. M.O.H. Moving the jumpers from internal to external have no affect either. Anyone have this problem? Is it a repairable componet? I think I am loosing alot of calls while the callers are waithing to be transfered by auto-attendant.Any advice would be great!
Thanks Max
Posted By: WRichey Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 01/26/05 06:17 AM
does hitting the hold key on an idle phone let the music play, is the auto attendant answering the lines and then placing them system hold or is the aa keeping them internal if the latter is the case the system will not play music the aa will have to supply that as the system does not know that they are on hold
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/01/05 05:08 AM
Thanks for the reply I am afraid that you would know better than I on how the system transfers calls I am using a CMP CallExtend - 2 Port Auto Attendant. Hooked up to the Samsung Prostar 816 plus
Has anyone had a MOH go bad on the motherboard? Internal and external is not working.
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/03/05 09:00 PM
Still hoping for some info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Answer to the above reply is the KSU is doing the call transfers. Should be able to hear music during the transfer.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/04/05 06:09 AM
"or is the aa keeping them internal if the latter is the case the system will not play music the aa will have to supply that as the system does not know that they are on hold"
I bet that your aa is holding the calls. Do you have a MOH interface on your aa? I would try there.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/06/05 06:35 AM
"I bet that your aa is holding the calls. Do you have a MOH interface on your aa? I would try there."

I believe the KSU is doing the transfer?

No MOH interface on the AA. Even when transfering calls internally or putting calls on hold there is no MOH
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/09/05 09:24 AM
Max
I just replaced a old prostar in lakeland that the MOH contact was also bad. But this customer was ready for a upgrade anyway and that was the last straw. Now there happy Telrad customers.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/11/05 05:57 AM
SSPhone,
Thanks wish upgrade was in our future. This Samsung was our upgrade! Just installed at our business last month. Everything works perfect accept for the MOH.

Installer wants to change out the motherboard. Just wish there was a cheaper fix.

Does anyone know if you can make the 816 ring while it transfers calls? The dead air while you are being transferred makes callers think they where dropped.

Thanks everyone for the feedback
MAX
Posted By: clgjr Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/11/05 02:38 PM
You upgraded to something out dated!! lol
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/11/05 03:37 PM
Max
Did you try the canned music so what if its green sleves.
Hope you didnt pay more then 300 for the upgrade with phones.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/14/05 06:14 AM
clgjr,
Thanks for the brillian insight, very helpful lad u r!
Posted By: Max1030Thurs Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/14/05 06:17 AM
SSSphone,

Yes I tried getting the internal melody to work , but still get nothing.
Posted By: mrpeabody Re: Samsung Prostar 816plus....MOH - 02/18/05 09:25 PM
Just so we cover all the bases:

What does the caller hear if you put a caller on hold manually?

Did you try switching out the music source?

Did you make sure that if it's a stereo device, you aren't shorting out the left and right channels by using a mono plug?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help