atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Phoneski SX5 - 02/23/05 07:51 AM
Looking for the Mitel SX5 to buy. It's a 208 that Mitel made and sold 15 years ago. Can anyone help?

Al

------------------
Let All Things Be Done Decently and In Order.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 08:20 AM
Don't ya mean SX-50??
Posted By: Phoneski Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 12:36 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Punch Down:
Don't ya mean SX-50??</font>

No, I mean SX5. It was made several years ago by Mitel and it was a 2 line 8 extension switch (208). It was quite awesome and cheap. Need it to use on farms for Mennonites.

------------------
Posted By: Mark K. Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 12:49 PM
That's more then a few years ago, that's from like 1983.
I haven't seen even an SX10 in a long time.
Mark
Posted By: Phoneski Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 02:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
That's more then a few years ago, that's from like 1983.
I haven't seen even an SX10 in a long time.
Mark
</font>

Yeah, probably got the time frame wrong. Nonetheless, would still like to find it or something like it.

Thanks,

Al

------------------
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 04:28 PM
I thot they didnt like electricity and all that stuff. The smallest one I have heard of is a SX 10 .
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 04:50 PM
I have a Mitel SX5, [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] it was never used other than an evaluation unit. It is a true PBX!
e-mail me if you are interested.
Larry
Posted By: Punch Down Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 07:28 PM
Learn something new everyday, never had heard of the SX5
Posted By: Phoneski Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 07:41 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
I have a Mitel SX5, [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] it was never used other than an evaluation unit. It is a true PBX!
e-mail me if you are interested.
Larry
</font>

Am very interested. What do you want for it?

Al Dukes

------------------
Posted By: Mark K. Re: SX5 - 02/23/05 07:55 PM
It's a classic, don't take less then a million. or 200 bucks cash, plus shipping.
You should check and see what the smithsonion Institute would offer before you sell.
mark
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: SX5 - 02/24/05 01:16 PM
Thanks Mark! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
But with my luck if I own it the value drops to 2 cents.
As far as what I want for it, let me chech it out and see if it still works.
Posted By: Phoneski Re: SX5 - 02/24/05 05:39 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
Thanks Mark! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
But with my luck if I own it the value drops to 2 cents.
As far as what I want for it, let me chech it out and see if it still works.

</font>

Let me know what you want for it. I am interested.

Thanks,

Al

------------------
Posted By: Milo Re: SX5 - 02/25/15 10:29 PM
Here we are, 10 years later, and I'm looking for more Mitel MX5 systems. I specifically need a system old enough to allow me to use regular call functions (camp on/forwarding/conference/etc) with a bunch of victorian showrooms using PULSE phones (no * or #)! It's a hard order to fill. The Mitel SX5's did this beautifully, but we've blown the eprom on 2 of them now. Only took us 35 years, so they did pretty well . . . . .

Milo Mills
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: SX5 - 02/25/15 11:19 PM
I have an SX-10 and a pair of SX-5's or so my warehouse parts list says. I'd part with one of the 5's if the price is right.

Carl

Now if I can find them......
Posted By: Milo Re: SX5 - 02/26/15 02:00 AM
What price seems right to you? If the price is right, I would buy both! I'm trying to make an SX200 do what my old SX5 did, and it's a nightmare. I'd pay $200 apiece for them. . . or just 1.
Milo Mills

I'm not so familiar with the SX10 (not familiar at all). Is it the same vintage, just a bigger unit? I know it handles more lines and extensions, but that's all I know about it.

msurmint@gmail.com
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SX5 - 02/27/15 02:48 PM
Why can't you make the SX-200 work? The SX-200 can do all that and more. Is your 200 analog or digital?

Rcaman
Posted By: Milo Re: SX5 - 03/01/15 03:35 PM
The SX200 has several problems, part of them are just our getting it programmed to run for us, part of it is the way we used our system. We had our SX5 set to ring with priority at one of two locations, depending on priority, and if we didn't answer there, it would ring all extensions. I'm told the sx200 won't do that. We have had to install ringers in all our buildings, and have our 2 primary stations ring first (depending on priority), and then ringing a dummy extension (20) which should ring these ringers in all the buildings. To answer, we would then pick up any extension, and dial a code to answer that call. With the old system, we just pick up a ringing phone. In addition, the sx200 doesn't seem to have enough power to ring these several extensions, which means we both wire/install ringers, but step up relays to get power to these locations.
The old sx5 (208) did these things without problem. And if we didn't have old rotary phones in several showrooms, it would be so easy to get a new system. Our rotary phones fit these Victorian showrooms, but worked completely with our system.
Posted By: Milo Re: SX5 - 07/20/15 04:23 PM
I'll post again to refresh this list. I am still looking for an old Mitel SX5, SX10, or a British Telephone Vicroy. If anyone has some old equipment . . .
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help