atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Winetech help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/11/06 02:21 PM
it is a DX-80 with the flash VM, i have the program but it will not connect, i have tried a null, my system is XP and i am using a USB to BD9 as com4.
what i need to change is to have 3 MBX's call foward to cell phones off the main greeting
thank you all
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/11/06 04:28 PM
Try a different USB to DB9 adapter, I have found that some just don't work with the VM, even though they do work with the phone system. Do a search on this forum for USB to DB9.

Mark
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/11/06 04:43 PM
i will try this even thou it works on every other system i work on
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/11/06 05:12 PM
tried it still does not work i am using keylink dx 1.0, my com comes up as com3, click CALL, then CONNECT, then wait. it goes threw a couple of baud rates but then goes... 'unable to start remote control' any idea what is going on
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/11/06 06:58 PM
If the software opens like that and it can't connect, the problem is in your computer, it's settings for the com port or the cable.
Mark
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/14/06 09:50 AM
that is the funny thing is that every other system i use it for works fine. but is there a way to program a mailbox like 207 to outdail to a cell phone. i see it in admin programming, i think option 4 and press star to active it but it will not let me
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/14/06 07:00 PM
207, thats a strange extension for the dx80. Did you chnage ext from the default 101, 102,etc?
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/15/06 11:14 AM
no i am using 100"s but 200"s as remote mailbox
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/15/06 05:44 PM
i have tried everything new cables, null, com2 it just does not want to work. i use this pc for all of my programming with panasonic, esi, and lots of other VM via hyperterm. what is going on! does this VM have a built in modem i could get into like a merlin's *10 ?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/15/06 07:46 PM
I would try another PC. It may be that a windows update changed one of your drivers and the Key Voice doesn't like it. Once you do that, you have tried everything and can complain about a bad com port and maybe get some help from Comdial. I have had a similar situation and getting a new usb to serial cable and a new driver for it got me in, something happened to the original driver that caused my trouble.
Mark
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 08:28 AM
i think i found it, i can connect to com2 with the jumper strapped and get into hyperterm. it looks like in the book you can disable the com1 for com2 with a modem, so i will try to edit the file.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 08:48 AM
good catch, I didn't think of that, youi can set up for remote by doing a screen redirect and go in through the modem in the DX80.

To often I assume the person with the trouble is the original installer and would know how it was set up. Sorry.
Mark
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 11:22 AM
well i thought i was being smart but that is not the case. the modem is turned off and i still can not connect! but mabey you can help me with what i am trying to do:
'thank you to leave a message press 1 to reach my cell phone press 2'
off box 807 gives the option 1 for ext 107 option 2 for mailbox 207
207 should dial right out to a cell phone and this is the problem under admin box i can hear the option: 6,1,ext#,3,4(call tranfs) but then it will not respond to * or option 1
what is up with this!
hope this makes sense
martin w
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 11:54 AM
you have to connect and set that up at the installer level, you can't do it in admin.

The manual gives all the steps to set it up for screen re direct to the modem and to change it back to direct connect. Did you go through and make sure it's all set for direct connect?

you also might try your questions in the voicemail forum with a link to this thread.
Mark
Posted By: Winetech Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 12:27 PM
funny thing is that i ask my boss to help me set it up and of course it works, then he leaves and i disconnect and it does not work. i can connect if i reboot the VM and my PC. strange
Posted By: Mark K. Re: help connecting with keyvoice? - 08/16/06 06:54 PM
Sounds like you might be shutting down wrong.
When you exit choose the "display line status" not "exit" .
When you exit it will shut down VM and a reboot is required to start it up again. Just go back to the display screen and X out of the window.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help