atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rickkoz Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/09/06 08:05 AM
Hello:

We have 4 phones in our small office, all Unisyn comdials. One phone has a problem... you can not hear it ring. You can tell it is ringing visually. The do not disturb is turned off. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rick
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/09/06 08:39 AM
Did it ever ring? If not, it was probably not programmed to ring, just to have the line appearances. There's really no way to "user-program" this; it's more of a job for a trained technician.
Posted By: Rickkoz Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/09/06 08:51 AM
What a bummer! I guess if it is not something I can do from the phone, I'll just have to wait untill we add another line (we are hiring another person for the office)and have the technician do this!
Thanks for the quick reply, Ed.

rick
Posted By: STS E Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/09/06 08:53 AM
When system is receiving a ringing outside call, try pushing bottom right rocker switch on phone
several times. The only way to set incoming ring volume. The line ring is probably turned off.
Posted By: Rickkoz Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/09/06 03:07 PM
STS E - This did not rectify the situation.
Thanks,

Rick
If it was programmed to ring but the volume was turned down the CO line would flash orange on incoming calls. If it flashes red then then set is not programmed to ring.
Posted By: Rickkoz Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/13/06 02:05 PM
Rather be Fishin:

The phone rings red, so I guess we will need it programmed to ring. Thanks for the hint.
Rick
Posted By: Rickkoz Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/14/06 05:52 AM
Does anyone know how to program one of these phones to ring?

Rick
Posted By: STS E Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/14/06 06:21 AM
This is a program done by installer,
not a end user program but done by the Installation company. Seek local help help
Posted By: Rickkoz Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/14/06 03:39 PM
Will do...I am very handy, and very frugal... but I will get an expert in. I take it it isn't programmed by pushing a few #'s on the keypad??..

Rick
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Unisyn Comdial phone not ringing - 06/14/06 06:16 PM
Programming can be done through a telephone, but it would be time consuming to try to walk someone without a telephone system programming background through it. You could buy a manual and maybe teach yourself through reading. You could also end up with nothing ringing and in need of a more expensive emergency service call. I'm pretty handy too, but I don't want to re-map the fuel injection on my motorcycle.
Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help