atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LockTech Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 02:52 PM
I am trying to help a new customer out who has an old Comdial. I believe it is a 616, all it says on the ksu is Comdial. The keysets say imact on it and it is a 16 button phone. I have done very little work with comdial in the past and don’t even know how to get into programming. This customer will be upgrading soon but I want to keep them happy in the mean time.

Ok, so when someone makes a page, it does not come threw on one set. Also no one can intercom this set. But you can intercom out. It is just the one set. So I’m thinking that it will be the paging zone? I don’t think it is the set itself because you can hear noise threw the speaker.

Can someone PLEASE send me some info on this.

Thank you.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:09 PM
welcome to the forums!!

If your using Impact phones I'm betting you have a GO 816:
[Linked Image from telbroker.com]

As I recall the old Executech systems 616, 824 or 1024 didn't support Impact phones.
Please take another look at the tag on the system and what impact phones are you using?...part # please.
Posted By: LockTech Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:15 PM
I did look like that but longer and had the "COMDAIL" logog on it twice, I could not find any stickers or part #'s on the phones or cabinet. Assuming it is a 816, would you be able to send me some information on that and Ill try it. Ill also look again for any other part numbers. Even the equipment is not labeled on the bix. so that really is all the information I have.

Thanks
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:22 PM
The first thing you need to do is find out what you have...does the key unit look like the picture?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:27 PM
You might just have voice announce block activated, try dialing ITCM # 2 and see if that clears it.
Mark
Posted By: LockTech Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:38 PM
Now im going to sound like an idiot, what button is the ITTCM? I did not see that button on the set...the set is a 8012S... just found the picture of it.

Thanks
Posted By: LockTech Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 03:46 PM
nm, that was a stupid question. Ill give that a try.

Thanks guys smile
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 04:54 PM
when you say no one can intercom that set, do you get a message in the display of the phone you are calling from? Is the phone in DND? Intercom #01 would turn that off. Voice announce block would not block you from simply intercom calling the phone. you hear noise from the speaker is possible they have turned on back ground music and have no music on hold playing so you hear "noise". possibly the phone's speaker is blown, you may be able to call it just cant hear due to the blown speaker, swap phones, see if that helps.
if all else fails go the the van and get a BFH that will fix it.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 06:27 PM
If voice announce block is activated, and the ring volume is set to 0, it would behave as he described. If it's all call paging he's refering to, that will be a tech programming issue.

That eye is really annoying. laugh
Posted By: Stoph Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 09:49 PM
I think Mark has the right answer here.
Posted By: barster Re: Please help me with paging - 04/06/06 11:00 PM
I think Mark is right about that eye as well..it is really annoying! :rofl:
Posted By: LockTech Re: Please help me with paging - 04/11/06 08:48 PM
Ok,

ITCM # 2 did nothing, but going threw thew the options on the right softkey I found DND and VAB and disabled them, then just simpally turned the volume up and it worked, so you got me on the right track..Thank You!!

Is there a simpel way of changing names on the sets or is that in programming?

This should be my last question about this for a while. Thanks
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/12/06 05:52 AM
As I recall it's not too painful, the instructions are in the Attandants Guide, do you have one?
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Please help me with paging - 04/12/06 11:35 AM
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/001214.html

Check out that link for the concept of inputting the letters. I believe the feature code to get there *#0xx is different on the DSU, but the rest should be correct. Now all you need is the code to get to the name programming. As Mark said, it is in the Attendant Guide (looks like a user's guide, but is thicker, and says "Attendant Manual" or "Attendant Guide" on the front).
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/12/06 01:05 PM
Somebody needs to step up, I don't feel like hunting all over for an attendant's guide for the DSU.
Mark
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Please help me with paging - 04/12/06 08:08 PM
"you've got mail" Lock.

on another note, Mark with 2 K's and barster, good.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/12/06 08:34 PM
Ohio, laugh that is a disturbing image, but I always laugh a little when I see it. And, I have teenagers, so I'm nearly always annoyed by something.
Mark
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Please help me with paging - 04/13/06 06:39 AM
Mark, I have the attendant's guide but I don't know how to send the file to you because I'm still learning this bb. Let me know how I can send it & I'll shoot it to you.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/13/06 10:33 AM
email it to me, my email is in my profile or click on the envelope icon above. Thanks.
Mark
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Please help me with paging - 04/13/06 03:58 PM
It should be there Mark. Let me know if it isn't.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Please help me with paging - 04/13/06 05:02 PM
Got it thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help