atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Foneman69 Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/13/06 11:44 AM
1st which system am I working on , We used to sell Comdial back with Executech 2000 & similar but this new one I'm working on has a sticker that says G1632 I guess 16 x 32 But is it an DSU II or 80 or what? Customer is wanting a voice mail auto attendant & just wanting some suggestions , thanks
Posted By: Stoph Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/13/06 12:42 PM
G1632 is a DSU black cabinet
J1632 is a DSUII gray cabinet

Small Office Lite works great on it.
Posted By: Stoph Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/13/06 12:50 PM
You can use an analog voice mail using ATI-D's (one for every 2 ports) to convert digital to analog, or if you have 18A or higher software you can use the digital voice mail.
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/13/06 06:18 PM
Is small office lite digital & is it comdial?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/13/06 07:42 PM
It's key voice, which is comdial, or should I say Vertical, and it's available as either digital with serial integration or analog. You need the higher software as previously posted.
Mark
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/14/06 02:20 PM
sorry I have to ask but how do i tell the version
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/14/06 03:26 PM
If it's a black KSU (DSU) there is a cartridge on the top with a rev. number on it. If it's Tan, (DSU2)it's good for either integration.
Mark
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/28/06 06:50 AM
It says G1632 R:L
You may have to remove the software cartridge and look at the big label on it; just be sure its TURNED OFF when you do smile
Posted By: paul144 Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/28/06 12:04 PM
On the top of the cabinet, there is a little software cartridge. It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Of course, you can only see the end of it as it is stuck into the cabinet. On the end that you can see, there should be a little white sticker. This should have the software type and revision information on it.
Posted By: Foneman69 Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/28/06 04:10 PM
Yeah sorry about that just returned to site today & it is a black KSU & it is a rev-20A ,Thanks for where, now what kind of voice mail? Hadn't programmed a comdial since the executech untill today.. Its coming back to me. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Stand alone or integrated voicemail - 03/28/06 07:03 PM
Small office lite digital, that's your best bet.
Debut will also work, but use a battery back up for protection.
I'd suggest the battery backup (UPS) in either case, but definitely crucial on the Debut, as Compact Flash, which the Debut uses, doesn't like power fluctuations. Either are good choices.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help