atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Herbert HCRC - 08/11/07 02:47 PM
What does the status indicator HCRC (amber light) mean on the telco smart jack? The circuit is a PRI. I am trying to find out what the HCRC is an acronym for.
Posted By: justbill Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 03:06 PM
Moving to T-1
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 03:28 PM
Welcome to the board! welcome
[Edited to reword]: HCRC or "Header-CRC" (Cyclic Redundancy Check) is an imbedded error checking platform that monitors packet header information to ensure that sent data is precisely what's received at oppisite ends of the circuit. A HCRC error indicates that transferred packets are invalidated; due to either a missing, incomplete, or corrupt transaction code within the header of the packets being transferred aross the circuit.
Posted By: Herbert Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 04:26 PM
Thank you for the welcome. So that means the C.O. has something screwed up? What is happening is the customer gives an all circuits busy intercept message off and on for a while then the problem clears. Even if there is not traffic on the system (cisco call manger) the problem persists off and on.
Posted By: Herbert Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 04:27 PM
I didn't mean the customer gives the all circuits busy...I meant the central office gives the message
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 06:54 PM
CRCs are measures to ensure that the data is being transferred properly. The cause can be due to hardware (loose cables or connections), a failing drive, or damaged software. H-CRC errors further isolate the cause to software, particularly within the packets' header. Your circuit should be tested by the provider.
Posted By: Herbert Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 07:05 PM
They (AT&T) is suppose to send a tech out Monday. Could bad repeaters cause this problem? When the circuit was installed the AT&T tech said they were having repeater problems.
Posted By: Herbert Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 07:08 PM
They (AT&T) are suppose to come out Monday....dang I hate bad grammar.
Posted By: justbill Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 07:52 PM
Herbert, if you need to edit your post just click the pencil and go ahead and edit. Bad repeaters can cause numerous problems, but would usually show more than just CRC errors. I hadn't heard the term HCRC until Mike explained it.
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: HCRC - 08/11/07 08:27 PM
Bad repeaters could also trigger a remote alarm indication (RAI) if the signal is not being precisely regenerated. Please keep us posted on their findings and corrective measures. Bill, although I'm familiar with the HCRC acronym, this is the first time I've heard of an HCRC indicator on a smartjack. It could be a new device for interfacing the PRI with specific Cicso sytems.
Posted By: Kyle Re: HCRC - 08/13/07 06:03 AM
HCRC LED's are usually on some of the NIU's made by Adtran. This LED is an indicator of a T1 span problem. It could be a repeater or a copper issue. If memory serves, the LED blinks when it is actively taking errors. It will remain solidly lit for a period of time as an indicator of a problem. Some models will clear the LED after a period of no errors, while others require an actual button press on the NIU to clear the alarm.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help