atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paulw Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 01:48 AM
Hi all,

It's time for me to say goodbye. The NEC dealer company that I worked for has been sold after about 50 years of operating as a NEC supplier and has been shut down. As I'm now 71 I have taken retirement and playing Croquet now. I've been in the telco industry for 54 years and 18 at NEC. It's been great talking to people here over the past years and I wish you all good luck in the future.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 02:46 AM
Feel free to still hang around and keep dispensing from your wealth of knowledge.

...and if you decide to truly Hang it Up call
we wish you the best.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 02:49 AM
No need to bail out. We're often here discussing other things, sharing stories and even jokes. Stay as long as you like, at least until your next croquet match!

Seriously, thank you for your participation here and your advice. We can never have enough.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 12:06 PM
Have a great retirement!!! Feel free to stop by and say hi and rub it in we are all still working! smile
Posted By: Silversam Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 06:14 PM
Congratulations!

Sam
Posted By: oobie Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/12/18 07:29 PM
Congrats!
Posted By: dans Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/13/18 03:02 PM
Paul,

Thanks for all the good advise you have given over the years.
Have fun in your retirement!!
Posted By: dans Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/13/18 03:05 PM
Now back to a 3 day week. Love these 4 day weekends.
This statement is no longer valid.

The new statement will be
6 Saturdays and a Sunday and I don't work weekends.

Again good luck!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/13/18 05:34 PM
Color me green with envy, sort of. A couple of days ago, (4/10) I marked my 46th anniversary in this business. I knew it was on a Tuesday because it's always my short day...I never work past 5:30PM.

I can't afford to retire and I'd also go crazy if I didn't have anything to do. Oh well. That's life. Maybe when I get to be your age, Paul, I'll pull the plug, but I'm kinda hoping for 2022 to get 50 years in telecom. Hey, it would be before my 72nd birthday.

Carl
Posted By: Toolie Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/13/18 09:59 PM
Sad to see you hang up the butt set! Not many of us left who still say things like "off hook". I wish you all the best in retirement - hope to join you in 5 years......but it will probably be 10.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/14/18 12:08 AM
Wishing you all the best!
Posted By: paulw Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/20/18 02:11 AM
Thanx folks. I will still be hanging around for a while just to see where NEC is going..
Posted By: muddybl Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/25/18 04:45 PM
Thanks for the help over the years, enjoy your retirement.
Posted By: BATBAT Re: Time to say goodbye - 04/26/18 10:06 AM
Hey Paul,

I didn’t think you were ready to retire,

I have been on a number of training session with you over the years (KTS systems in Melbourne Australia with AB RR and JR ) and would like to thank you for your contribution to this forum and all the other NEC families you connect with......

Your willingness to pass on information and support will be sadly missed by this forum and the broader NEC community.

I recon the south pacific NEC support calls will increase tenfold but that is something NEC will have to deal with…

From one semi-retired NEC TECO to another enjoy the retirement !!!!!

Just remember command 90-09 fixes everything (in life also)

Great working with you over the years and a big thank you for all your efforts and free support you have provided to the NEC community over the years

Enjoy

PB
Posted By: paulw Re: Time to say goodbye - 05/09/18 09:50 PM
Thanx BatBat. Yes I wonder who will create the tech bulletins now. I suspect no one as NEC AU seems to have virtually stopped doing them..
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Time to say goodbye - 05/10/18 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by paulw
Yes I wonder who will create the tech bulletins now. I suspect no one as NEC AU seems to have virtually stopped doing them..

Tech bulletins? it's all Webinars now! How I miss Tech bulletins!
Posted By: Deltron Re: Time to say goodbye - 06/08/18 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
Color me green with envy, sort of. A couple of days ago, (4/10) I marked my 46th anniversary in this business. I knew it was on a Tuesday because it's always my short day...I never work past 5:30PM.

I can't afford to retire and I'd also go crazy if I didn't have anything to do. Oh well. That's life. Maybe when I get to be your age, Paul, I'll pull the plug, but I'm kinda hoping for 2022 to get 50 years in telecom. Hey, it would be before my 72nd birthday.

Carl
You'll have more to do than you can imagine. I didn't realize working was so easy. wink
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Time to say goodbye - 06/08/18 01:44 PM
Paul all the best. I'm down to 4 days also. Loving it.
Please don't leave us, this is a great group.

Send pics every once in a while

Ken
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help