atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: muddybl UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/01/13 11:23 PM
We have a SV8100 in our office with a UM8000 voice mail and I am having trouble getting it to callout when we receive an after hour emergency call. When a call comes in we get the email that there is an emergency but it does not dial our cell phones after hours. But if you leave the call in your voice mail without listening to it, it will dial our cells during our office hours. I have set up custom schedule with the times entered in that we are closed but it will not call our cells. I have gone over all of the program but can not see where I have some thing back words. Any thought to what I am missing?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/02/13 01:45 AM
You need to set the mailbox options to keep the message 'new' when it sends the email.
Posted By: muddybl Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/05/13 12:04 AM
Looking under the Access Options, I do have the Keep message new checked.
Posted By: doghart Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/05/13 12:46 AM
what COS are your VM ports in day mode vs. night mode?

If it works during day mode but not at night, this is the first place to look.

D
Posted By: muddybl Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/06/13 12:25 AM
Looking at the COS they are both the same 1. I have gone in and left a message when the phone system is in day mode. Watched it send the email and it odes grab line three and calls my cell. When it is night mode it only sends the email. It is driving us crazy.
Posted By: paulw Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/06/13 12:34 AM
How does it dial out, via a transaction mailbox?? If so Is the transfer destination set the same for day and nite?? or better still set the schedule to 4 so it stays in permanent day mode..
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/06/13 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by muddybl
Looking at the COS they are both the same 1. I have gone in and left a message when the phone system is in day mode. Watched it send the email and it odes grab line three and calls my cell. When it is night mode it only sends the email. It is driving us crazy.

Have you tried putting a comma after the 9 in the dial out field?
Posted By: muddybl Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/07/13 04:25 PM
We do have a comma after the 9. Everything is set up the same for day and night modes. The notifaction boxes are set the same. I am going to change the schedule to all day(4)and do some testing.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/07/13 04:40 PM
You might have a class of service or toll restriction issue on the outbound calls. Something is changing after hours IE mode change on the system that is causing this possibly. I have never seen system schedule on an active voice system cause this issue for notification.

The only other possible scenario is that you have your notification table screwed up somehow where it isn't activating to call out. Make sure to have it call out on every received message.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/07/13 06:11 PM
does this happen when the phone system is manually put into night mode, or only during a time of day?

If only when in night mode, then more than likely a TRCOS or just COS issue. IF specifically during a time of day then look at the notify options in the mailbox.
Also, I am assuming it is getting to the same mailbox during the day as night
Posted By: muddybl Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/08/13 01:22 AM
Doing the testing. In the day mode and if I manual put the system in night mode it seems to work correctly. After hours when it changes to night mode it does not. If I log into the UM8000 and check the port status, it seems that all 4 4 ports are trying to answer the call and get stuck in a loop. I can see that port 1 answers the call but 2,3 and 4 are cycling through the opening box, choosing the open for the departments and the continuing back to open box. Is this trouble in the phone programming?
Posted By: dans Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/08/13 02:25 PM
Do another test, in your custom schedule change the after hour start time 1 minute behind the current time, save, when you see the UM8000 go into night mode test and watch your ports?

Analog, digital or SIP trunking?
How and what are you pointing your lines in day and night mode?

Are you using opening or transaction boxes?

Posted By: BillFlippen Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/08/13 04:17 PM
interesting,
So when it is in day mode or manually put in night mode, do the other ports cycle as described?
Is the manual night mode the same mode as the auto night mode?
Posted By: muddybl Re: UM8000 after hours callouts - 11/08/13 05:02 PM
In the day mode and manual night mode the ports do not cycle and everything works correctly. In the night mode if I clear the ports that are cycling they do the callouts as per the transacation box and works correctly. This is for both the custom schedule and the all day/all night mode.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help