atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cs9218 PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/08/13 04:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an SV8100 system and have been tearing my hair out trying to set up the Inmail.

I have been told that problem is probably due to the fact that in PCPro within the Blade Configuration page, the PZ-VM21 Inmail card is not being recognized in the CD-CP00 blade slot however its actually showing as "installed" in the the Version Information fields.

I have swapped out the PZ-VM21 and CPU card but still is still unrecognized

Can anyone confirm if the card should be displayed in the slot graphic or not?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By: doghart Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/08/13 08:36 PM
Do you have a license for InMail?

What version software is the main CPU?

Check your PM's here on the forum, I sent you info.

D
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/08/13 10:36 PM
Have you followed the inmail setup out of the Nec document on the website? It sounds like you haven't allocated the ports for the card to me. You might want to consider hiring a certified vendor.
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/09/13 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by doghart

D

Yes it is licensed - Feature Code 1002 Inmail 16 Ports Status On - but only in demo mode at the moment and the CPU Software is Version 8.

Can anybody please confirm if the VM21 is supposed to show in the PCPro Blade Configuration Graphic?

Thank You
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/09/13 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Have you followed the inmail setup out of the Nec document on the website? It sounds like you haven't allocated the ports for the card to me. You might want to consider hiring a certified vendor.

Yes I have many times,

I have already had two techies log on remotely, one of them says the card is supposed to show in the graphic and the other says it dont but both were unable to get the Inmail to work.

Hence, the reason for wanting confirmation if the VM21 is supposed to show in the PCPro Blade Configuration Graphic?

Thank You
Posted By: ttech Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/09/13 10:25 PM
Shows on the main screen of PcPro
[Linked Image from i2.photobucket.com]
Posted By: paulw Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/10/13 08:43 PM
They didn't send you a SL1100 CF card instead of a SV8100 version did they. I've seen it down here in the past..
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/10/13 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by paulw
They didn't send you a SL1100 CF card instead of a SV8100 version did they. I've seen it down here in the past..

Good point Paul, will check the part number tomorrow.

Thank You
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/10/13 11:00 PM

Update, just remembered, I had a picture of the card and box on my phone.

The NEC part number on the box is BE107682 AKS InMail EU and on the card, it says VM8000 InMail 512MB

Is this the correct SV8100 card?

Thank You
Posted By: doghart Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 12:39 AM
Do you have an inmail license???

I asked this in my original reply.

Look in "feature activation" in the first icon page of webpro.

No license, no workie.

D

Posted By: paulw Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by cs9218

Update, just remembered, I had a picture of the card and box on my phone.

The NEC part number on the box is BE107682 AKS InMail EU and on the card, it says VM8000 InMail 512MB

Is this the correct SV8100 card?

Thank You

Looks correct. I seem to remember in your part of the world you have to license the ports and the mailboxes. Is this still the case..??
Posted By: dutchy Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 06:37 PM
the PZ-VM21 does not show up on the CD-CP00. only the PZ-ME50 and the PZ-IPLA/B do. in the version information you will see if it is installed yes or no.

what you could try is to run the script to activate the inMail.
you need to make a download with PCpro. go to Tools -> Scripts. there you open the directory and go to the directory VM q&1 login (all ports). here you choose the file that suites your situation, with or without ME50. upload the changes and reset the SV8100.

hope this helps.
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 10:25 PM
Yes it does say "installed" in the version information field and thanks for confirming that it does not appear on the CD-CP00 graphic.

Wish I knew about the script earlier, would have saved me a lot of time and hassle if ends up fixing the problem.

I will give it shot tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thank You
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 10:36 PM

No license, no workie.

D
Yes I did answer you doghart. Thank You!

D

Yes it is licensed - Feature Code 1002 Inmail 16 Ports Status On - but only in demo mode at the moment and the CPU Software is Version 8.

Can anybody please confirm if the VM21 is supposed to show in the PCPro Blade Configuration Graphic?

Thank You
Posted By: paulw Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/11/13 11:46 PM

No license, no workie.

D
Yes I did answer you doghart. Thank You!

D

Thank You

I can't see the VM21 in PCPro or WebPro . The only thing that is viable is the InMail port count pulled from PRG 47.01.17
Posted By: dans Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/12/13 02:07 PM
You can bet this is a program issue, there is a area where you assign the first InMail port, if this is not done InMail will not work.
Sorry I'm learning not to give installer detail information here.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/12/13 04:01 PM
That's what I was thinking too dans.
Posted By: brokeda Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/12/13 06:25 PM
Purchased from where? E Bay??
They have no TS? The "techies" that looked, were they certified with this system. Just asking.
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/14/13 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by dutchy
the PZ-VM21 does not show up on the CD-CP00. only the PZ-ME50 and the PZ-IPLA/B do. in the version information you will see if it is installed yes or no.

what you could try is to run the script to activate the inMail.
you need to make a download with PCpro. go to Tools -> Scripts. there you open the directory and go to the directory VM q&1 login (all ports). here you choose the file that suites your situation, with or without ME50. upload the changes and reset the SV8100.

hope this helps.

I tried the running the VB script "VM script.pcs" as you suggested dutchy but it generates the following errors in the log file:

ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 67) : SET 16-02 pos=(63-00-00) val="65"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 68) : SET 16-02 pos=(64-00-00) val="66"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 69) : SET 16-02 pos=(65-00-00) val="67"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 70) : SET 16-02 pos=(66-00-00) val="68"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 71) : SET 16-02 pos=(67-00-00) val="69"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 72) : SET 16-02 pos=(68-00-00) val="70"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 73) : SET 16-02 pos=(69-00-00) val="71"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 74) : SET 16-02 pos=(70-00-00) val="72"
ERROR (file VM script.pcs, line 75) : SET 16-02 pos=(71-00-00) val="73"

Do you know what the errors mean? They are obviously being generated even before uploading which I think would suggest an error in the script file, or I am my mistaken?

Thank You

Posted By: bully Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/17/13 01:42 AM
have you tried defaulting the system then re program,. I have had to do this before with the same issue and it resolved the fault
Posted By: cs9218 Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/17/13 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by bully
have you tried defaulting the system then re program,. I have had to do this before with the same issue and it resolved the fault

Yes, what I did was upgrade the KTS from V8.0 to V9.0 CPU software, installed a fresh PCPRO V9.0, reset the KTS to factory defaults, downloaded the settings to PCPRO, run the UK script then the VM q&1 login script and thats when I get the errors.

Also tried another approach by making a new NEC SV8100 R9 file in PCPRO and then tried the VM q&1 login script before the UK script just in case but same errors.

If different from above, can you please elaborate on the exact steps you took to resolve the same issue just in case I am doing something wrong?

Thank You
Posted By: bully Re: PZ-VM21 Card Not Recognized - 06/18/13 12:17 AM
i did what you have posted. So not much else different, but it was version 6 for me
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help