atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ollie North NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 07:34 AM
Hello Yall,
Does the NEC DX7NA-48 phone system come with an MOH (Music on Hold) port? If so, is it a physical RCA jack, or is it a punch down?

If not does anyone know the part# I need to get one added?

Thanks so much for your help
Posted By: STS E Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 08:58 AM
MOH input on the DS2000 is provided for on the CPU card.
The CPU has a 8 pin modular plug to receive the music on hold source. It is not a RCA jack.
Posted By: Ollie North Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 10:49 AM
Thanks a lot TJ, I really appreciate your reply. The client sent me a picture of the CPU card and I can see a black round plug with 8 holes in it. What kind of cable would I need to connect between the MOH unit which has a standard RCA audio output jack and the MOH port on this phone system? Do you also know if the MOH feature comes enabled by default on this phone system?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 11:57 AM
why not have the "client" get his vendor to install the MOH device and do any needed programing for him
Posted By: Ollie North Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 12:28 PM
Using the client's vendor was my first choice, but they do not know who their phone vendor is!!!
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 12:37 PM
you can check here the installers tab up top here or post in request a installer for them .

they should have no problem finding someone to work on it for them the DS 2000 is a popular system , the purpose of the open forums here is not to give step by step instructions for installer level programing/installation thus bypassing the vendor ...
Posted By: Ollie North Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 04/27/11 01:15 PM
Thanks for the information Skip. My purpose was not to bypass the vendor, 100% of our installations are done by phone vendors. I was trying to estimate how much work was going to be necessary so I could give the client a realistic estimate of how much time and material it might take for the issue to be resolved.
Our company is a Message OnHold company, not a phone company...we gladly leave the installations of the MOH units to professionals like you and the good members of this forum. We usually have to find specific information about the phone system to insure that we dispatch the most qualified technician and to insure a smooth installation with the least amount of disruption to the client's business. That was the reason behind my post.
We contract phone technicians throughout the nation, Canada, South America and Europe...100% of our installations are done through contracted phone vendors (unless the client specifies otherwise).
Posted By: BillyBob Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/01/11 03:36 PM
Ollie,
The "black round plug" (jack) you see in the pic is the RS-232 port. NEC has a special cable that plugs into that jack and connects to a laptop to allow programming via the laptop.

Bill
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/01/11 03:50 PM
My purpose was not to bypass the vendor, 100% of our installations are done by phone vendors. I was trying to estimate how much work was going to be necessary so I could give the client a realistic estimate of how much time and material it might take for the issue to be resolved.
a hour ought to cover it , shouldn't be any material involved unless they bill for the cable , I probably wouldn't
Posted By: Ollie North Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/09/11 02:59 PM
Thank you so much Skip...you were 100% accurate. We found a local phone vendor who did a wonderful job and it took him exactly one hour.

Thanks for the tip and the good info.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/09/11 03:09 PM
I'm glad it worked out and more importantly the customer now has a Vendor to call when something major happens
Posted By: Hi Numbers Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/16/11 05:23 PM
I just completed this task today without having to console in. I logged in with phone programming. I am posting my notes for future reference.

You will need to download the manual for an NEC DS2000. Page 52, Installing a Music Source, will have the pertinent information. Section 5 shows you how to log in and maneuver through the menus.

You will need an RJ45 cable punched down to a 66 or 110 block (or wired directly to your MOH source). It will need to be wired with pair 2 on pins 3 & 6 (tip 3, ring 6). Plug the cable in to the CPU card of the unit. I used small electrical connectors because the wires from the MOH source is stranded, and the wires from the 66 block are solid.

Input Impedance: 10K Ohms
Output Level: +18 dBr (+2 dBr) @ 1.0 KHz

Pressing SPK (speaker) on a phone, then HOLD will play background music so you can test while installing.

In case you're wondering, on the RJ45, pair 1 is page out. Pair 3 is relay for paging. Pair 4 is nothing.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/16/11 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Hi Numbers:
I just completed this task today without having to console in. I logged in with phone programming. I am posting my notes for future reference.

You will need to download the manual for an NEC DS2000. Page 52, Installing a Music Source, will have the pertinent information. Section 5 shows you how to log in and maneuver through the menus.

You will need an RJ45 cable punched down to a 66 or 110 block (or wired directly to your MOH source). It will need to be wired with pair 2 on pins 3 & 6 (tip 3, ring 6). Plug the cable in to the CPU card of the unit. I used small electrical connectors because the wires from the MOH source is stranded, and the wires from the 66 block are solid.

Input Impedance: 10K Ohms
Output Level: +18 dBr (+2 dBr) @ 1.0 KHz

Pressing SPK (speaker) on a phone, then HOLD will play background music so you can test while installing.

In case you're wondering, on the RJ45, pair 1 is page out. Pair 3 is relay for paging. Pair 4 is nothing.
????
Posted By: clgjr Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/16/11 07:28 PM
RJ45???????? No No No (RJ61 USOC)
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/16/11 08:58 PM
Holiday Inn Express perchance?
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DX7NA-48 MOH Question - 05/16/11 10:07 PM
:rofl:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help