atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: russ75707 PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/06/10 05:17 AM
hello i just read someones post about setting up fax servers behind IPK II,W PRI.My site already has pri,and one fax to sli port already,do I just need to build another dept group for this fax line that I NEED to add.All phones have did's working ringing them direct,how do I add another fax line-no server,and point PRI DID TO THAT sli port
Posted By: Rickman Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/07/10 07:20 AM
Just pick a Number out of the DID List that isn't being usd that was provided by your Service Provider and Use Program 22-11. Should be a simple matter to add that single line station in the Translation Table.
To clarify... DIDs are just a number that the telco sends to the your phone system. So long as your phone system knows what to do with the number, it will make it work.

The numbers are in blocks of 20 or blocks of 100. So if you pick a number in that range, and assign that number to a phone as an extension number, that phone will ring when the telco sends you that number on your lines.

So if your range is 555-0200 through 555-0219, and you program the new fax as extension number 215, then when someone calls 555-0215, the fax will ring. Match the number of digits (3 or 4) that the other DID extensions have.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: dans Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/07/10 10:18 AM
A DID coming over a PRI to a analog station for fax usually is trouble, your better off having it channel banked.
Good point. He does say that he has one station up and working, though, so maybe it's okay.
Posted By: russ75707 Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/17/10 07:17 AM
I didnt set this up,it was already in place,I assumed the fax was thru sli,on pri,it runs thru a castlepress fax server,I'm pretty sure all their faxes run thru the switch off pri to sli
Ah. Castelle Faxpress is a whole different animal.

https://www.castelle.com/support/
Posted By: doghart Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/17/10 05:49 PM
Are you wanting to point several DID's to several fax mailboxes for multiple users?

D
Posted By: russ75707 Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/19/10 01:14 AM
No I only want to point one did to one sli for one fax.They already have several fax's in the offce and I assume they are set up the way that I need to do this one,since the other existing fax's are dial 9,and they have no POTS lines at all.I just now re-downloaded manual,have pri notes,just hate showing up looking like an [censored] cause I dont know anything:)I have a list of their pri numbers,an open sli port....pretty sure somebody here knows quick answer for me,its been like 6 yrs since I did any real programming,and the Elite I went to training on in 2001,I forgot it and it;s not relevant anyway
Posted By: DrPbx Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/19/10 11:06 AM
You can do this. Connect with webpro. Ask ahead of time if they know the IP address of the KSU. If not its easy to get from a programming phone. Then just look at trunks, DID's etc. You will see the routing table for the current fax & duplicate the setting to the analog station.
Posted By: Necexpert Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/20/10 10:59 AM
assign the did to the sli card and it will work need more help or books send me an e-mail at [email protected]
Posted By: russ75707 Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/25/10 05:48 AM
where do I webpro ?I think I have fax fied out,they dont want it now...the problem now is the Elitemail LX fms is cutting callers off on an irregular basis,only outside callers transferred by operator I believe,I do know that the extns which have reported this problem(I cannot reproduce it)have up to 3 mailboxes per extn,private line,I'm assuming virtual/sie extn,and regular subscriber mb,which I believe is probably unecessarrily complicated and may be producing conflicts ,no changes have been made to programming,as far as I know,reset vm,going to look at flashcard see if its a little corrupted I guess...any ideas?Would replace it w a Samsung any day....
Posted By: dans Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/27/10 06:32 AM
OK Mr. Samsung, call in a NEC tech, you have wasted enough of your customers time and money.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/27/10 08:45 AM
Would replace it w a Samsung any day....
Really? Seriously?
Posted By: Rickman Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 09/27/10 09:41 AM
PM Sent
Posted By: russ75707 Re: PRI to sli port for fax/elite ipk ii - 10/03/10 01:57 AM
do u guys even know how flexible a Samsung is?Or about their 5yr warrenty?Unheard of I know!But thats what u can offer when ur a top notch mnfctr!Nah,jj,dont care either way,I'm not charging the cust for reading manual,I need to learn ipk anyway,I'm pretty sure that the phones who r reporting intermittant trouble are only the ones w 3 mailboxes to one ext,and that when the callers are cut off,its when an outside caller is in one mailbox,say private line that lands on car key,the phone owner is checking msgs in personal mailbox,or the third one that someone thought necessary to build seperate for the did for that phone,in this instance,you have one external caller,two internal calls to vmail,and msg waiting light all trying to communicate w one ext at same time,,,cant have more than two internal callers on any conf. call on any key sys I know of.Three mailboxes for one ext overloads systems capabilities,cause it sees Elitemail Lx as third party vmail even tho it aint,not enough dsp's to handle the load per ext(or port)Any thought's
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help