atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MikeDCC Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 09:01 AM
I have one station (DTH-16D) with the message indicator light blinking green in tandem with the Answer Button light. They're doing two fast blinks, about a second wait, then two fast blinks, repeat etc.

The Message light blinks green, the Answer Button light blinks red, and they blink together, simultaneously.

I have tried everything I can think of, including Feature-99-Feature, and I can't seem to figure out what is happening here.

Also on this station's display, phone numbers are showing up seemingly randomly in the lcd display, though the station isn't ringing. It almost looks like this station is getting caller id signals from incoming calls to our main line (which normally only show up at the operator's station).

Can anyone suss what is going on here?
Posted By: smoom Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 12:34 PM
Check the DSS console (usually with the receptionist or operator) Press the bottom left button on the console then the extension that has the message light on.
Posted By: MikeDCC Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 01:00 PM
Yes that's what our vendor suggested when I called him, but that is different than what is happening.

I decided to set that lower left corner "Msg Button" from our operators DSS Console on MY phone (just to see what it did), and it made my phone's message light blink green, but steady off and on, not pulsing twice with a pause then pulsing twice again. Also, it didn't make the Answer Button (below the Redial Button) LED light up synchronously with it either. It only made my message light blink green steadily. So that isn't what is set on the station in question.

In any case, I set it and un-set it from the operator's DSS Console as you suggested, and it had no effect in making either or both lights stop blinking.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid this is something else.
What is the software revision on your IPK? I recall early revisions 1000/1500 having some issues with this. Feature + 3 on a display phone should give you the revision number.
This usually indicates that someone has called your station and inadvertantly pressed the MSG softkey to leave a callback message.

Call the extension numbers being displayed. When you call those stations back make sure you do a handset to handset conversation not a handsfree answerback. When you do a handset to handset call this will cancel the MSG callback indications.
Posted By: MikeDCC Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tip&Ring:
Call the extension numbers being displayed.
Ahh. But the numbers being displayed are actual 10-digit local phone numbers, not extension numbers. A few of these I recognise as being field employees cell phone numbers. Others are probably customers. That's why I said they looked like caller id's. Guess I should've been clearer, sorry.

I'll look at it again tomorrow morning before things get busy to see if there are any 3 digit extension numbers flashing in the display, but I doubt it.

I'm no longer at work, but I'll get back with the software revision tomorrow morning.
Posted By: eriway Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 04:40 PM
Are you sure it is an IPK and not IPK II? With IPK, press FEATURE + 4 and your station number will appear on display along with port number.

With IPK II (Same software as Aspire) the display will be a three line display with date/time on top line, station number on center line....... (don't need to press anything to see this)

or

Press the HELP button plus HOLD and the software version will appear.

If it is IPK II .... at that station press SPEAKER + 773 to clear message lamp.
Posted By: MikeDCC Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/05/07 06:07 PM
It is indeed the Electra Elite IPK, as I know that Feature+4 displays the station number and port number. Feature+3 displays the software revision, IIRC (though I don't remember the revison number offhand, I can look tomorrow).

I've also seen the KSU cabinet, as I'm the systems admin, and the KSU cabinet is in my server room.
Posted By: MikeDCC Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/06/07 05:13 AM
Well this morning, the blinking lights were gone. I'm told (by our vendor tech) the system resets itself every night, and he thinks that probably cleared it, whatever it was.

For what it's worth, our system software is:
SP1034 R4.70
KeySys R1UP 192P
Posted By: IPKII Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/06/07 05:53 AM
It sounds like there were calls coming into that station. Did we try to answer them? Check ringer volume control (speaker 601) & check the ringer volume. We also want to check if we have line access on this station. If there is'nt any, then you won't be able to answer the call.
Posted By: MikeDCC Re: Elite IPK System, Message Light Blinking - 12/06/07 06:39 AM
No, there weren't any incoming calls.

I checked the ring volume with Speaker 601 and it is perfectly audible.

I think I'm going to chalk this up to a glitch. We are getting ready to replace our VMS card with a flash-drive version, as our current card (hard drive version) has been giving us problems for a few weeks by randomly leaving 2-3 copies of voice mails in the voice mail boxes, and leaving ports open until all four are open and it needs to be reset.

Perhaps it's possible that this problem arose from the VM card malfunctioning, I don't know.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help