atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: g00fbaL IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/15/07 02:29 PM
I have a few users who cant get the message light on their phones to stop blinking Green. The voicemail box for those phones has been reset to new so I'm sure there are no voicemails waiting. How can I get these lights to go off?

Thanks for any help
This is likely to be a feature called "message waiting." It was a precursor to voicemail, and allowed you to call back the people who had called you while you were gone.

Step 1.) Find out the access code for Message Waiting Callback.
Step 2.) From the affected phone, dial the code.
Step 3.) Continue until the light goes out.
Step 4.) Disable the feature, and if anyone asks for it back, slap him/her with a codfish. Raw.
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/15/07 06:00 PM
If it's a IPK1 system they normally blink red for MWI from VMS. Do they have a 60 button DSS on site. If so someone has set MWI on from there..
Originally posted by telephoneguy:
Step 4.) Disable the feature, and if anyone asks for it back, slap him/her with a codfish. Raw.
:rofl: :rofl:
Posted By: dans Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/16/07 05:40 AM
IPK II you have the option in system program to change the message light from red to green.
If this is a IPK II press speaker key dial 773 to cancle
Posted By: bbox Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/16/07 07:29 AM
48/192/IPK

Press "Feature + 99 + Feature" and this will reset your phone. Cancels lights, Call Fwd. All, DND, and callback requests.
Posted By: smoom Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/16/07 08:20 AM
If the light is blinking green it was turned on from a dss console on an IPK, 192 or 48.
Posted By: g00fbaL Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/16/07 11:28 AM
This is an IPK 1. I tried the Feature + 99, and it said FNC LAMP OFF, but the light is still blinking. Do I need to turn this back on?

I think the problem is related to the DSS console, which was removed. I might have to put another one in its place to clear these phones.
Posted By: g00fbaL Re: IPK Dterm phones...msg light wont go off - 08/16/07 12:34 PM
The problem is resolved. It was the Message Waiting Callback that was set from the DSS console.

Thank you!
Quickly! Disable the @#!!$#%@ feature!
I have a similar issue with a Dterm Series E phone (blinking red light instead of green) on a NEC Neax 2000 IVS system.

Is there something I can do on the phone to resolve it or do I have to get to know the dusty little computer that runs the phone software?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help