atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rage DSX T1 - 08/29/06 07:26 PM
Well, we installed a relatively large DSX160 on Friday and used a DS2000 T1 card with 16 active channels until the pri comes to market.

This afternoon they called and said that calls were dropping. The phones still show that they are connected but the line is dead silent and the person on the other end is getting disconnected. Has any else had this problem?

If not does anyone what is needed to try and gother some info to see what is going on. Its a decent system if I could just get this figured out. Course I still haven't ruled out the fact that it could be the carrier.

Any help is appreciated.

-Roy
Posted By: KLD Re: DSX T1 - 08/29/06 09:15 PM
Not being a T1 expert, I would first ask ---

Is this a new install of the system or a change out?
Was the T1 installed and working in the old system?

Yes, check that it is working ahead of the system.

I believe from the symptons you have described it is a T1, not system, issue.

But I've been wrong before. :rolleyes:
Posted By: groundstart Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 03:51 AM
Ken, change the image on your website to a better DSX graphic.....it looks better....
Posted By: ctmtnbkr Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 04:36 AM
Im not sure about the DSX, but I know the DS2000 with a T1 card was very picky if not grounded properly

Might want to check that out
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 05:11 AM
Any way to get any reporting of errors from this T1 to see whats going on?

Grounding is good and wired straight to cold water pipe AND ground bus from electrical panel. (i'm paranoid about grounding if you couldnt tell)
Posted By: dans Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 05:47 AM
Rage
If possible call NEC field engineering, they will instruct you on connecting you lap top to the DSX so that history can be collected. Also call the provider can monitor the T1 at the cusomter site.
Is the T1 being shared with data? If so any problems on that side?

Dan S
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 05:58 AM
I called the carrier and of course they said there were no issues on thier side (what a shock). On hold with NEC as I type so we'll see.
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 07:54 AM
Well, called NEC and they are sending the cables to gather the traces. We'll know more on that tommorow when that arrives.

As for the carrier I talked to an engineer with them and they reported having 940+ slips since Friday. They are working on it and will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for all the replies and help.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: DSX T1 - 08/30/06 12:46 PM
Rage,

slips are mainly caused by timing errors. There can only be one clock source on a T1 circuit. I bet you and the CO are both set for "Master". You should be set for "Slave" so you can obtain timing from the CO. Look in program #1213 and see if you are set for Master, which is the default setting.

Bill
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 08/31/06 05:30 PM
Well, had them set to be a slave clock on the carrier circuit and still no help. All i get from the carrier is that tier 2 tech is working on it.

The other thing we noticed is that it always inbound calls. As far as I can tell no on ehad ever been dropped when the call was placed out. Also,a couple times when they called in the person that got the call could hear just fine but the caller could not hear them. Also, 3 cell phones cannot use the auto attendant, When they try to dial an extension it just goes back to main greeting (like its not recognizing the digits). I did get the serial adapter today so will hook up tomorow but client is getting irritated and so I am.

Am I correct is thinking this is full carrier issue?
Posted By: dans Re: DSX T1 - 08/31/06 06:20 PM
I'll bet a buck its the carrier.

Dan S
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 08/31/06 06:45 PM
me too....just have to prove it for them to fix I guess frown
Posted By: BillyBob Re: DSX T1 - 09/01/06 05:54 AM
Rage,
"Well, had them set to be a slave clock on the carrier circuit and still no help"
Are you saying you had telco set themselves as the slave? If that is the case then you misunderstood my post - YOU should be the slave and the telco should be the master.

Bill
Posted By: jayman Re: DSX T1 - 09/01/06 10:01 AM
Are those cell phones blackberries because if you use a company directory, blackberries don't have the alphabet on the key pad.When you press D your not really sending DTMF for 3.Ive got a customer with 60 plus phones and all the employees have these blackberries.When they call in to check their VM,They get all confused. just a thought Jayman
Posted By: BillyBob Re: DSX T1 - 09/06/06 07:08 AM
BUMP - Rage, How about an update?
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 09/06/06 09:18 AM
Sorry BillyBob. I do have an update though! I talked with NEC field engineer last friday and turned on tracing from the phone system. Since then we have had one dropped call (prolly not the circuit) that showed as disconnected in the DSX. My guess is this was not a circuit issue. Other than that this circuit has been good since friday morning (go figure). Apparently the carrier finally got something fixed.

Jayman: Sorry, I did have the carrier as master, not the other way around.

Still having issues with the auto attendant DTMF and NEC recommending trying to adjust the gain level down and see if that helps. Its not just cell phones that are having this issue. i am going to try that this afternoon.
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 09/06/06 10:41 AM
Well, so much for the idea of it being fixed. We have had 2 dropped calls in the last hour.

back to the drawing board frown
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 09/07/06 06:06 PM
Just an update for everyone. Talked with carrier for about 2 hours today and they found that dropped calls coincide with calls coming over the same trunk from Bellsouth. They also have bellsouth giving a disconnect and then just ending the call without the CSU ok'ing it.

We have a ticket in with Bellsouth and should hear from them tommorow so we'll see.

I'm getting worried and the customer is getting pissed. So hopefully it will be fixed. Luckily for me the carrier wants our refferals so they are also keeping the customer up to date and spelling it out that it is not our system!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: DSX T1 - 09/07/06 06:11 PM
That's call collision and very common with PRI's, regardless of the system manufacturer. I wish I had mentioned that to you earlier. If possible, you should try configure the channels to be one-way, half-inward and half-outward to avoid this.
Posted By: rage Re: DSX T1 - 09/08/06 05:12 AM
Does it also happen on CAS T1 circuits? Since the PRI card has not been released we are not using PRI.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help