atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc Elite IPK & CMS - 03/26/04 01:39 PM
How do transfer to vmail? It seems to always go to the main greeting.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/26/04 05:09 PM
does that person have a mailbox? the way nec vm works, if you have a box it should go to it. if you don't then it will go to the main greeting.

when that person dials the vm pilot ext number does it prompt them for their password (or just go right into their box if no password (shame))

if it goes to the main greeting, i'd say they don't have a box and you'd need to build one.

if it does let me know and we'll figure out what it's doing
Posted By: chazrc Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/26/04 05:50 PM
The mail boxes are setup. She is trying the transfer to vmail by using the quick transfer and the other transfer to vmail in the user guide.

She has a call, presses the vmail pilot button, waits till the voice amil picks up and dials the extension number follwed by a 2.
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/27/04 08:09 PM
the quick transfer to vm isn't done like that.

you'll do either with the person NOT on hold

1> press the 1 touch button then 7

or

2> transfer + ext + 7

then hang up for either. will go right to their vm box.

the only reason it might not is that the vm pilot number isn't set up in 1-8-26 or they don't have a box (but you ruled that out)
Posted By: chazrc Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/28/04 04:15 AM
The master hunt number was not in the IPK.

Thanks. I added it. Heres one. Isn't the directory button supposed to scroll caller id? There is a KIMM installed.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/28/04 06:03 AM
Yes, w/ the KMM chip, the directory button should scroll CID. You can also put scroll on a button & try it there.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/28/04 09:26 AM
Having the customer press the directory button does nothing. Is there a class of service setting per station for this?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/29/04 08:56 AM
from what i understand the directory button is for the speed dial scrolling.

but i think i'm wrong & the docs right. it doesn't do anything here at the office. it must act like a scroll key for the callerid. i don't have a kmm chip here to try it so maybe the doc can verify it for all of us
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/29/04 09:02 AM
are they able to view the caller id on an incoming call? they would have to be able to at least see it in order to scroll it with the scroll key or the dir button.

only 15 people can view caller id at any time.
-------------------------------------
1-1-78 is where you put the ports that are supposed to view callerid

also have to allow it in cos 1-8-08

lines have to ring on their phone
either 4-01/4-02, dit/ana 3-42/3-43, car key 4-37/4-38

it's probably already in 7-01 card slot assignment

the mif assignment is also in 7-3-04 (class=1 i think)
Posted By: chazrc Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/29/04 02:51 PM
They are seeing some caller id. I will give them a scroll key and see if that helps.
All of their calls are transfered thru the auto attendant.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Elite IPK & CMS - 03/29/04 04:01 PM
Thanks for all your help. I added the scroll. I will ask them tommorow if it works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help