atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark K. So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 10:19 AM
a new client with this southwester bell freedom phone system lost all ringing to the telephones model FS900 after a storm. Everything else about the system works and the LED is lit. It has a seperate power supply, does anyone know what votage readings I should get from the PS plug end? Maybe a manual on the thing? Or maybe you know this to be a KSU issue? This is the first of these old little things I've seen.
mark
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 11:10 AM
Not sure about the voltages, but it sounds like it just lost programming. The system is rather old and was not that reliable to begin with.

Post back if you can't find a manual.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 11:43 AM
I haven't been able to find a manual on line but I haven't called any of my suppliers yet.
That would be an easy try, maybe someone could fax me just the page to get in program the ring and get out. I have an 800 number for my fax if anybody can do that for me.
Mark
Posted By: dtmf Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 11:55 AM
Mark I do believe I still have a manual out in the truck, I'll look for it and get back to you
Posted By: Mark K. Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 12:06 PM
Thanks, Customer is closed for the weekend now so Monday would be fine. At least they way I see it [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
mark
Posted By: dtmf Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 12:16 PM
Bingo

I do have the installation and programming manual for the FS 246 key system. The whole manual is only like 40 pages . I can fax you the whole thing or just the programming pages. Let me know what you want

I also have the FS 800 and 900 user guides that I am going to email you.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 20, 2004).]
Posted By: paul144 Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 12:28 PM
I have to believe that "out in the truck" is a euphemism for "buried in a box somewhere". Do you actually still carry around the manual for that antique?? Your truck must be even messier than my van....
Posted By: dtmf Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 12:31 PM
It was in the truck once [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] , I found it in a closet and you are right it was in the bottom of a box with the rest of some old manuals.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 03:18 PM
Those PS readings should be 24 vdc. I use them to supply Valcom horns. They are generally very stable. There is a 2 amp fuse (I think) that will blow before anything else goes. If you lost power and it went back to default---watch out for Tone/Pulse settings on the C.O. ports. I'm not for sure, but it may be one of those that defaults to Pulse.
Posted By: KENB Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 06:12 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
a new client with this southwester bell freedom phone system lost all ringing to the telephones model FS900 after a storm. Everything else about the system works and the LED is lit. It has a seperate power supply, does anyone know what votage readings I should get from the PS plug end? Maybe a manual on the thing? Or maybe you know this to be a KSU issue? This is the first of these old little things I've seen.
mark
</font>
Posted By: KENB Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/20/04 06:20 PM
behind the plug in plastic gray cards
i think the first one next to the fixed 2x4
in the case is a door with back up battery
to hold the memory.maybe you could get
a replacement from a battery seller
like sand man
if you dont find it try 1-800-777-1036
i bought a ksu from them
Posted By: Mark K. Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/21/04 08:01 AM
Thanks for the manual Russ.

NFC - Manual says all phones ring on all lines by default, that kind of wrecks the lost programming theroy. I did cycle power and hit the re-set with no result.

JW - fuse is ok and tone and pulse are on dip switches.
Ken thanks for the battery info, this system may not be worth the price of a battery!

Any other ideas before I write the death certificate on this thing?
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited August 21, 2004).]
Posted By: KENB Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/21/04 08:33 AM
have you unplugged all the sets and put back in 1 at a time or directly into jacks in sta
cards in case 1 phone is wacky
it sounds like the landfill may be calling
Posted By: Mark K. Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/21/04 08:40 AM
No I just did a power cycle and re-set on the KSU . Strange part is that everything works perfect but no ring.
mark
Posted By: dtmf Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/21/04 09:01 AM
Mark,
I seem to remember that they will sometimes go into Night after power bumps or resets, and by default I don't think Night is assigned to anyone. May be worth looking at.

They will act allot like the old Tie 612 and early Comdials, I use to set up the day and night to ring the same phones so it was covered unless they wanted it different.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 21, 2004).]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: So.Western Bell Freedom Phone - 08/21/04 09:47 AM
Hey good catch, the manual shows NRS (night ring service) on by default.
It also says if NRS is on the NRS LED will be lit at the master station (20 I guess)
That's worth a look I'll call them on Monday.
mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help