atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ScoTTeL Vodavi XTS IP locked up after power failure. - 03/15/15 06:39 PM
I am typically a Nortel and Avaya guy, but have done some programming here and there on this Vodavi system. I have a customer that just experienced a power outage and the sysytem did not come up like it normally does following an outage. All phones in system do not respond to any button pushes and the digital display sets say like 30D LCKD and Synch ok on them. Any ideas? I tried to power cycle again with no change. Did not have a laptop with serial interface with me. It runs a church and school and kind of important to get a quick solution. Thanks for your help guys!
Most likely the RAM battery on the MPB card is dead. You should normally get three volts with or without the power on. If it is dead, you will need to replace it, default the system and reload all the programming. I hope you have the database backed up. You will not be able to connect to it with a laptop until you default it.

If the battery is still good (which I doubt) you have a much more serious problem.
I replaced the battery because it was dead. Database is not backed up but I can connect and get into maint mode. How do I backup and or default it?
Is the station 1 port 1 (usually 100) up? I suspect you can get into maintenance but not programming and none of the phones are functioning. The database has dumped due to the battery being dead. You will need to move switch 8 (the bottom one) on the mpb card to the opposite direction, reset the system and as soon as you see extensions come up, move the switch back. You will have to manually reprogram the system.
Okay,I have the system up and running. Figured out the quirky flash programming. I tested all incoming CO's at the demarc and are working in and out. I assigned the CO's ringing to station 100 and made them appear on the flex buttons. I cannot get a line by pressing them and incoming calls go into the cloud?
What special things do I have to do to make phones ring? Do I have to login and do something to the hardware?

Getting closer!!
You have to make sure all cards are identified and slots programmed in flash 24 programming. CO line ringing is in flash 40 programming. The buttons on the phones will all be at default and may not match labeling. They are changed in flash 50 programming page b. I think you need a programming manual to do all this.
I have the install and programming manual. I have the buttons all programmed in Flash 50. Have the ringing assigned in flash 40, etc. I will check flash 24.
So I found a couple of slots that should have had none in programming and changed them. In my slot 5 & 6 there are LCOBC cards for line cards. They were set to LC08 and I changed them to LCOB. Was this correct? Still not ringing or access to CO lines.
If they have the caller id function they are LCI8/(LOBC) which is code 15.
Yep! Discovered that last night and that was the ticket! Got the system 90% now!
I need to get the voicemail integrated now. I have all the ports programmed in and it is able to be called. I do not have the VM manual. It is the blue box talk path. I need to get unanswered or busy lines to be answered and same with if a station goes without answer. Any advice would help! Almost there!
You need to add the digital extensions that are connected to the voice mail in flash 65, button 12 and that's it. There is no further programming to make it work.

You then go to flash 50, page C and set the extensions up to forward to voice mail on any or all of the four conditions. Aside from putting a voice mail button on the phones (flash 50, page B, button 11), you are all done.
Got everything working now except when a station or line goes to voicemail it plays the greeting and then goes back to the auto attendant in a loop. What setting is causing that? VM programming has not changed, just switch.
Any ideas?
Check the VMID in flash 50, page B, button 13 and make sure that the mailbox number there matches your extension number. If all extensions and mailbox numbers match, you can also go to flash 06, button 15 to do all of them at one time.
Checked that this morning and it is correct. Any other ideas?
Check the mailbox settings and make sure it is set for Play Greeting and Take message.
Stations should be forwarded to voice mail group...I assume you used group one number 440.
That is all correct. It is something in the switch settings that is blocking the transfer from completing.
Are you using an auto attendant when this loop happens?
Since the OP has stated that the voice mail remained intact with its original settings, the issue must be something within the XTS programming. We really do need more call-specific details to understand exactly what is going on. Specifically, what happens with calls internally vs: external ones, etc?
So here is what is going on. If on a call, doesn't matter if it is internal or a CO, and you push transfer and a station number and hang up, the call is placed on hold and MOH is heard but the call never transfers. After hours the main phone is put I might mode and the auto attendant answers. If you choose dial an extension or selector code, it attempts to route to the right place and then returns to the top menu greeting of the auto attendant. If you press 0 for the operator, it rings one and then goes back to the main greeting again.
Is that enough description, or am I still missing something that would help me narrow in on the cause? Thanks for all your help so far!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help