atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: freshfitz Ring hunt group from VM - 09/12/11 09:08 PM
How do I ring a hunt group in dolphin VM and a Triad PBX. In the pbx I can create hunt group 1,2,3 etc but how do I ring that from vm. For example in menu 110 I want to ring 3 phones it looks like I only have an option to ring a single ext
Posted By: adteldon Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 09/13/11 05:37 AM
In telephone programming (flash 30) create a hunt group ( 451 for example ) with the members you want to ring. Set the group to "pilot ring all". Set the overflow destination if needed. Create mailbox 451 ( or whatever hunt group you chose earlier ). Assign a digit in the auto attendant to point to extension 451.
Posted By: freshfitz Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 09/14/11 10:56 AM
ok thanks
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/25/12 01:43 PM
Same situation as the OP.

Went into Flash 30 - hunt group 450
Setup the 4 extensions (106,107,103,112)
Created mailbox 450.
On menu selected an option and made it EXT 450.

Cant seem to get the system to access the hunt group. Dialing 450 gives a long busy. Coming in through the voicemail menu attempts to transfer, but dumps back in original menu.

The top right corner of the LCD shows HUNT 450 on one of the phones assigned (in place of the usual station name).

Seems like it is setup - but for whatever reason some small detail to "enable it" is being overlooked.

Thoughts? Help, pleas!
Posted By: MnDave Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/25/12 02:53 PM
Are you sure 450 only has your new 4 stations? Most of us use 450 to point to the existing voice mail stations. You may just be transferring back to the voice mail system via pilot hunting. Try reassigning your 4 stations to a different group such as 451. But dial 451 first before doing it to be sure it is not being used.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/25/12 05:05 PM
450 was empty when I started...and seeing that mentioned elsewhere cleared 450, and established 451.

Same exact symptoms with 451. Before I established it FAST busy after I establish it SLOW busy. Extensions now say HUNT 451 in corner.

Seems all of the pieces are there, just not sure what I'm missing.

So now - system is as my post above says - except we are doing 451 instead of 450. Still same symptoms...

Thanks Dave!
Posted By: adteldon Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 06:00 AM
There's really nothing to making this work other than putting the stations in a group such as 451. What happens when you call 451 from a phone that is not in the group? Is everyone in the group in DND ( doubt it )? If you can call from another phone on intercom level then the auto attendant is your problem. Make sure you have created mailbox 451, set the "mailbox" settings to "forward to ext. 451" and make sure "extension" settings in the mailbox is set to blind transfer to ext. 451. Then you can point a dial action to 451 in the menu. If you are using a flash vm unit then simply create the mailbox and assign a digit in the ccr to go to ext 451.

If you get a busy when calling 451 on intercom level then the problem is in the telephone system programming. Can you intercom the individual stations of the group? If all else fails you could try initializing hunt groups in flash 80, button 10, but ,make sure you check all hunt group members so you reinstall them after initialization.

" Just a thought, but make sure you have the hunt group set to "pilot ring all" in flash 30 settings.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that you may have a numbering conflict in the system.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 06:26 AM
adteldon:

Thanks for the feedback. When picking up the line and dialing 451 I get a long busy. (If i dial 450/452...etc that are not defined I get a short busy).

It is set to pilot ring all for 451. (though tried all three settings with no change)

All four extensions are dialable with no problem individually. None are in DND. 3 of the 4 have the h-t-p set to hands free, 1 is set to tone.

I am going to go review all of the hunt groups, and then take your suggestion and intialize them. Will post back the results.

Thank you again!
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 07:30 AM
Ok, checked all my other hunt groups 451-457 and they were empty except 454:

HUNT454 PLT ONE ###, 535,
###, ###, ###, ###, ###, ###

Any idea what 535 could be??? (and how it could be sitting in the second slot with nothing in the first?)

Hesitant to intialize until I know - since I don't think I could put this back. Also dialing 454 does fast busy.

While I'm at it - here is the visual view of 451:

HUNT451 PLT ALL 106, 107
112, 103, ###, ###, ###, ###

Thoughts?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 08:07 AM
Take away the ring all & see if it will ring one station at a time.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 09:25 AM
Couple of other troubleshooting steps I've done...

- changed the assignments to just 106 & 107 (no change)
- changed the assignment to just 106 (no change)
- changed PLT ONE to PLT ALL to CIR (No change)

Ready to initialize - but concerned about what 454 has on it...would be more comfortable is someone had insight....
Posted By: adteldon Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 12:31 PM
I have no idea what 535 could be. UCD starts at 550. Since dialing 454 gives a fast busy, it obviously doesn't go to anything. Sounds like you should try initializing the hunt group in fl. 80 to me. I know there is a way to check the entire system numbering plan through ecom or hyperterminal, but can't specifically remember how to do it. Also you could back up the system programming with Windba and look at the numbering plan there. I'd do a backup anyway just in-case....
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/26/12 07:28 PM
I've seen strange things like that show up before, especially extension numbers in the 500's that make no sense. My guess is that the original installer didn't follow the proper steps to initialize the system's database prior to programming.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 07:01 AM
I went ahead and initialized the hunt groups in Flash 80 (button 10).

After doing this - I confirmed all hunt groups were now empty and dialing all of them offered a fast busy.

I then went to 451 and programmed 2 extensions (102 & 103). LONG BUSY (changed the PLT ONE / PLT ALL / CIR) All produced LONG BUSY.

Seems I am back where I started. Again - at this point I am focused on simply trying to get intercom dial access to the group, and then will worry about the voicemail/attendant integration (which should be simple).

Is there anything else I should check?

Additional details about system:
-20 extensions setup 100-119
-4 voicemail channels 120-123
-8 co lines co1-8
-MOH
-External Paging Zone 761
-voicemail/auto attendant

The system is setup for CO lines to ring on several extension during the day / at night the auto attendant picks up and offers a directory or general mailbox.

I am setting up the hunt group as a backup during our receptionist maternity leave.

Again - appreciate all the ensight and experience you guys bring to the table...and any suggestions you have.
Posted By: adteldon Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 07:08 AM
At this point I would back up the system programming, default the ksu, reprogram the hunt group and basics by hand and test. If it works, that probably means you have something corrupt in your database. If it doesn't work then I would call 1877vertical. I'm still leaning toward a numbering plan conflict though. Is it possible that in flash 52 that the fixed ports aren't matching the flex? Sorry, that's all I got.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 09:16 AM
I HAVE AN ANSWER - PARTIALLY!

Ok, I can create a hunt group and it works perfectly, the problem is it won't work on the extensions I need it too.

I tested with common area phones and it worked. However these phones don't have FWD set on them. The extensions I am having trouble with all have a conditional forward to VOICEMAIL. (ie. if busy or no answer forward to voicemail.)

For testing purposes I turned the forward off on my extension...now it functions as part of the hunt.

So - here is what I need:
I need to find a way to enable these extensions to participate in the hunt group, but also forward calls to voice mail if the extension is dialed directly and goes unanswered.

There has to be an easy answer, right???
(A huge thank you again to all those posing ideas...i really appreciate you.)
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 09:20 AM
If using station level forwarding, then yes, this will mark the stations as being unavailable to participate in the hunt group.

Why not use station preset forwarding to voice mail under flash 50, page C?
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 09:46 AM
Ed

So to confirm I would just set the forward on flash 50 page C button 1, 2, 3, & 4 correct?

Would the correct forward be to 440 (voicemail port?)

Station level forwarding is set by hitting fwd 9 vm.

Will try this shortly...THANK YOU!
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 01/27/12 10:18 AM
You are correct. Do this and then cancel the station-level forwarding by dialing 640.
Posted By: jas1178 Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 02/02/12 07:57 AM
I just wanted to come back and say THANK YOU!
The system is now working - and I am very grateful.

Question - is it possible to configure a screened transfer to a hunt group? Haven't had a chance to try it, but was asked to check.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Ring hunt group from VM - 02/02/12 10:49 AM
The voice mail should only see 451 as an extension. It is the KSU that behaves otherwise. However, if the call isn't picked up right away, other hunt group parameters may come into play with unwelcome results.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help