atcomsystems.ca/forum
Just moved a clients Vodavi 5000-00 from suite A to Suite B and now the displays on all of the phones read:
DKTU24-D
GSPD V2.0B

No responce from any buttons, crackling noise on handset?

Do I have a loose connection? Cannot see anything loose....but...
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Help! Vodavi 5000-00 Dead in the Water.... - 07/09/09 02:39 PM
Sounds like the internal battery was dead & when you powered down you lost the database. You can try reinitializing & starting from scratch. The system defaults in an almost working manner. depending on phone type & voice mail.
I don't mind having to reprogram from default and starting from scratch but I'm not getting any responce from STN. 100 when any buttons are pushed...so, I can't reinitialize...
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Help! Vodavi 5000-00 Dead in the Water.... - 07/09/09 02:58 PM
Reinitialize is done on the CPU using the dip-switches.
If the battery is dead, the system will not start, even the default configuration. All of these KSUs are starting to exhibit this problem as they are now 10 years old. Even with good power, it won't run without voltage detected on the battery. You will either need to replace the battery in the field or send the KSU out to a repair facility. Sorry for the bad news.
Thanks Guys!
They are up and running now with a UPS.

However, since it defaulted, I am unable to add the VM ports into a VM group. It is using digital ports going to the VM (Digital TalkPath), but the old manual for the phone system says to use analog ports? When I try to add digital ports to the VM group, I'm getting error.....
BTW, when I call the ports by extension number...112, 113, 114 or 115 they do answer and I get the main AA greeting....
You can use analog or digital ports on this system. There is no limitation there. You say you have an old manual. I have a feeling that the KSU software is at a higher level and the procedure is different to add members to a VM group. The new software requires that you enter the extension plus 1 to add it or plus 0 to delete it. Enter them individually.
Thanks!!!
Extension plus 1 was the trick.

However....under station programming it does not give me the button to put in Fixed Forwarding to the VM hunt Grp.....This is a 5000-00 with version 2 software...is there something I'm missing here?
Posted By: A6 Re: Help! Vodavi 5000-00 Dead in the Water.... - 07/16/09 12:18 PM
When you are in station level programming, can you hit btn 21 to get to page c? Usually forwarding is in page c and generally one of the first 5 buttons. This should still work with that rev software.

Otherwise you may have to do it at station level, FWRD 9 440. Which busy/rna stations individually.
Version 2 should allow you to establish preset call forwarding under flash 50, page C. You'll need to establish both inside and outside call forwarding for busy and no answer conditions using buttons 1-4. Button #5 will allow you to set the timer for no answer forwarding.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help