atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LA-Phoney First SBX Install - 10/31/08 09:59 AM
Well, my company has been installing Vodavi STSe systems for about 6 months now and started having problems so severe that we had to replace 4 out of 8 KSUs within a month or so of installation. Has anyone else seen this kind of failure rate with STSe installations?
Posted By: LA-Phoney Re: First SBX Install - 10/31/08 10:01 AM
Sorry, I hit OK too soon. So now we installed our first SBX IP 320 system for a customer and guess what...CO Line 1 is bad and we have to get a new unit shipped to us. We're really getting a poor image with our customers with all of these failures!
Posted By: Xcountry Re: First SBX Install - 10/31/08 12:55 PM
If your using the octopus cable that comes allready fitted with the rj11s check the fitting. I had a few of them with bad fittings on them. I havnt had to replace any sts ksu's though. Thats pretty wierd.
Posted By: Derrick Re: First SBX Install - 10/31/08 12:56 PM
I have had only one STS fail and that was due to a lightning hit. I have had a number of them lose programming and will not reset due to the memory battery going bad...but after replacing that all is well.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: First SBX Install - 10/31/08 01:30 PM
But we are talking about an SBX320 here. wink
Posted By: STS E Re: First SBX Install - 10/31/08 01:41 PM
Cant tell you much about the SBX.

What do you mean when you said you had failures with the STS E ?

What is the issues with the KSU ?
Have installed over hundred, no problems.

Why did you have to replace 4 out of 8 ?
Posted By: Deltron Re: First SBX Install - 11/01/08 04:15 PM
I'm curious too. I have over 100 of them installed from the day they came out. The failures have not been above average for a small system.

Now the flash voice mail....Grrr....
Posted By: LA-Phoney Re: First SBX Install - 11/03/08 06:58 AM
Here are the issues that caused the STSe's to be replaced.

1 - Unit completely failed after running for 1 week.
2 - Right out of the box - Station 105 would not work at all.
3 - Fax detect feature would not work - replaced KSU and works fine now.
4 - CO Line volume on lines 1-3 very low. Changed all replaceable cards - no change. Changed KSU - works perfectly.
Posted By: Deltron Re: First SBX Install - 11/03/08 07:18 AM
That my friend is a run of bad luck. Usually Vodavi's QC is much better than that.
Posted By: STS E Re: First SBX Install - 11/03/08 07:52 AM
Unless, they were made in different manufacturing
site ? That is a possibility.
Posted By: LA-Phoney Re: First SBX Install - 11/05/08 08:26 AM
WOW! UNBELIEVABLE!!

The replacement SBX that I received from Vertical worked for two (2) days. Now CO line 1 is DEAD...totally DEAD. Moved the cable from port 1 to port 2 and their CO line works fine. Back to calling Tech. Support for another overnight shipment. What a piece of junk!
Posted By: tampasteve Re: First SBX Install - 11/05/08 08:54 AM
Are you getting these from Vertical or from a supply house? That may have something to do with it...although this is a really odd string of bad luck. We have quite a few of these in and have had only a few issues (low volume on CO lines)...

Steve
Posted By: keytel Re: First SBX Install - 11/05/08 04:46 PM
LA-Phoney,
You are not alone, I have been a Vodavi/Vertical dealer for over 10 years now although mind you I don't do any of their new stuff for the same reasons as you alluded to.
I have grown tired of replacing systems for one reason or another. Their tech support service is poor both in knowledge and time to answer. It seems to me that when they do answer, their first response to the problem always questions what version of software you have, seems to me that they try to circumnavigate the issues at hand by blaming the software in your system as opposed to tackling the problem directly.
Just my 2 cents worth, just replaced another one today so maybe I am offbase here. A bit cheesed off right now.

Paul
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help