atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and pretty new to telecom stuff too.

Anyway, I have a Vodavi Digital Talk Path voicemail system in the radio station that I am the new engineer for.

Right now, when you call our numbers, the voicemail box beeps as it rings... (this appears to be normal to me) then, after 5 or so rings, there is no dial tone, no nothing. (I assume this is when the voicemail picks up) . There is supposed to be "Hi, you've reached WSAM radio, etc, press 1 for whatever, etc."

I was able to go in with the VM admin software and see all the menus, and everything looks good to me, but I'm not a telecom guy, but I am willing to learn.

I am able to check my voicemail from the handset just fine, as well as change my greeting. But no one can get to my voicemail anyway.

There seems to be some smart people here, and I could really use the help, and I look forward to your responses.

Thank you very much,
Andy
Go into admin and check the line config. See what the action is. They should be set for either a time control or to run a menu. If set for TC you need to check the TC and see what action it takes. It should be set for menu. If you are not going to play different auto greetings at different times of the day..then set the lines to play a menu such as 100. Then look at 100 and make sure that you have a record prompts key..usually key 8 and set a menu password. Then you would simply call a voice mail ext (not to a mailbox) and hit 8 enter password and follow the prompts to make a new greeting.
Thanks Derrick, I will look at this tonight. I know there is a time control set up, I am thinking I will disable it so that everything is the same at all hours since I see no need for there to be a time control anyway.

One thing I forgot to add before, when the voicemail picks up the line, it seems to lock up the system, the admin software stops responding, and then after power cycling the system it comes back up.
That didn't work, After it picks up I must power cycle to be able to gain control with VM admin
What is the voice mail serial number? Certain ones had a bios problem that caused all kinds of mischief.
I'll get that for you this afternoon, I assume I would find it on the case of the unit?

Thanks,
Andy
It says...Rev 1.2 DOY4E0404
That is what I figured. You have one of the units with a bios problem that will lead to what looks like a complete harddrive failure. You will need to get it repaired. The Doy series was not good. I had 9 out of 9 fail within a year of installing them. I am surprised yours is still going at all, but the having to reboot, can't keep admin online are syptomatic of this problem.
Vertical tech support can verify by serial number that this is the case.
Thanks Derrick, I had a feeling it wasnt related to the settings.

I did talk to Vodavi tech support. They were mostly unhelpful since I'm not an official technician with a tech ID#. However, he did reccomend going into Ecom and typing "reginit 4" and then hit enter during the hello prompts. I figure it's worth a shot, but I'm not too optimistic. I will try this probably tomorrow.
If reinitializing it doesn't work..you will a dealer to help you get this resolved I'm afraid.
I figured that would be the case in the end, do you have a rough idea of how much service on it should cost me just so I know if I'm getting ripped off?
AndyS pm sent.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help