atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: adteldon DHS and Dispatch - 07/29/08 05:41 AM
Hey people,
I have inherited a new customer that has lost all system programming after a power surge. They have an old DHS ( not E or L ) . They have an analog Dispatch voice mail. The DHS is one that I am not all that familliar with. Can anyone tell me the prefix and suffix programming to integrate the vm ? Thanks.
Posted By: oobie Re: DHS and Dispatch - 07/29/08 07:28 AM
PM sent.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/22/10 10:47 AM
I'd also like to make sure I have these settings correct, anyone know them?
Posted By: Ted Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/22/10 12:56 PM
ICM PREFIX= PRESS FEAT DIAL 707
ICM SUFFIX= PRESS *
DIS DGT= #9999999
Posted By: Ted Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/22/10 01:31 PM
Oh I just looked at my notes. ADD XFR PREFIX AS FEAT 707 ALSO. When you finish the screen should show P7.
I hope this helps.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/22/10 05:35 PM
Nice! Thanks guys, everything I've seen here, is correct on my system. I come from the ages of IP systems, and have set up many many many of those. However, these old systems, Im clueless. I'm learning as I go along, and seem to be doing well. I understand the programming, however, like all techs, we all run into glichs. I'm 24, I'm downgrading, I guess. I'm a small business owner, I can only afford so much. This Vodavi - Dispatch bundle does well for my business, if only I could figure why my extensions transfer to ext 71 (which is one of my VM hunt group members) instead of the mailbox the station belongs to!
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 08:43 AM
Would anyone happen to know why, when a station to setup to forward to voicemail on a busy/na, instead of forwarding to the mailbox belonging to that extension, it forwards to a mailbox that belongs to the voicemail port?

I have the correct phone system setup in my dispatch, and the stations are forwarding to VM hunt group 82. All seems to be correct.

Oh, and btw Station 10, is working correctly. However the rest of my stations all forward to box 71.

Could my SLT adapter have anything to do with it?
Posted By: Derrick Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 11:22 AM
Have your verified that your VM leave and retrieve tables are programmed correctly?

Also make sure your vm extensions (they should not be forwarded to anywhere) and the vm group is programmed correctly as well.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 03:39 PM
So in the end, on a whimb I took the P7 out of both the icm and xfr prefix fields and everything works as it should. Leaving just a * in icm suffix and #9999999 in the dis dgt field. All stations forward to the correct mailbox on a busy/no answer the way they should.
Posted By: Ted Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 04:02 PM
Hi CT, I'm stumped about the P7. I had a voice mail go down on a DHS recently. I called tech support and they guided me through the directions I gave you. One thing I noticed when I messed up the first time they gave me the directions. I didn't hit the feature button before I entered the 7, weird things happened. Oh well If this worked for you, that's good.
Posted By: Derrick Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 04:06 PM
The feature button is the key that inserts a pause. Without that the Dispatch misses the seven sometimes. The 7 should go into the retrieve table, not the leave table.
Posted By: cTopher Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/23/10 05:36 PM
Right, so in the end you're pressing FEAT 707, and it comes out at P7, FEAT70, inserts the P(pause). I still don't understand why all the documentation I have says to use P7 in those fields.

I don't care I guess, my system is finally good to now.

Now if only I could find a power supply for my 8port caller id unit.

I hate not having caller id.
Posted By: Derrick Re: DHS and Dispatch - 02/24/10 05:59 AM
You would be better off getting the newer 9 port unit.

Also email sent with Dispatch instructions.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help