atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CUDJOE Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/22/13 01:47 PM
I have a customer with a CTX 100 system at one point in time they had multiple stations that would all ring on incoming calls. About 2 weeks ago a lot of those phones quit ringing. I went into the system programming and checked these sets and they are programmed to ring. I have a set that does ring on incoming calls and if I change it to not ring in programming, it still rings. I have reset the system, reseated the cards and am not sure what is next. Help Please
Posted By: Ben Holmes Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/22/13 04:13 PM
There's a number of ways to make a phone ring... Direct line appearances, GCO or Pooled line keys, Multiple Call Groups, Trunk DIT to phantoms... etc.

How are all the phones set to ring?

You can remove one method, and still have another bit of programming that is making the phone ring.

What programming method do *all* the phones that used to ring have in common?

Posted By: CUDJOE Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/23/13 12:22 PM
They all have direct line appearances and when I check programming on the phones each line says to ring. No one has changed anything in the programming to make the other phones stop ringing, I am wondering if a piece of the system has failed, but I am not sure what.
Thanks for the help
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/23/13 10:37 PM
Check and see if the system is in night.
As above, you might need to find the phone that has the "night" button and you could program one or all extensions to ring on day, day 2 and night to see if that is the problem.
Posted By: CUDJOE Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/24/13 12:44 PM
Thanks for the help I will check for nights
Posted By: CUDJOE Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/25/13 11:38 PM
I went to site today and checked every phone. There is only one phone that has a mode button under the display. I could not find a night key or that the mode was turned on. I had asked the person if they new about a night service on there phones and she new nothing about it.
Any other suggestions? Please. Thanks
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/26/13 12:06 AM
Can't you have a Toshiba tech come out and take a look?
Posted By: CUDJOE Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/26/13 07:42 PM
I wish, but unfortunately the closest one is about 5 hours away. It would cost a fortune. I am good at the Avaya,Nortel and Samsung, but never really learned the Toshiba. I thought that I would throw it out there to see if anyone could help
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/26/13 08:06 PM
Does the system have a modem ? Try dialing intercom #19 and see if a modem answers
Posted By: kjwiewall Re: Toshiba CTX 100 Ringing - 02/27/13 04:33 AM
Go to the main answering point or lowest ext.# and see if they have any buttons lit on their phone like a DND or NT. the mode button is just for what shows on that LCD
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help