atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi, its time for my annual post here. laugh

I have a CTX-100 in a remote office that has a IVP8 card installed. The office decided to play musical chairs and in the process of getting an extension's voicemail configured for the new user we found that we cannot manage that mailbox via system administration, nor can the user access it.

If I log in to system administration (8, *, 999#, password, 8), I can delete and recreate that particular mailbox but still can't manage it or access it from the station. If I try to manage that mailbox the system replies "That was an invalid entry" when I enter the mailbox number.

All other mailboxes are behaving properly. I'm thinking of setting up another VM box (that doesn't match the extension) and pointing the phone to that new mailbox. Are there any repercussions to that approach?

If I restart the phone system (via eManager) does it also restart the IVP8 card?
Is the new mailbox number match the VMID Code in Station Assignments?
Yes, (19) VMID Code matches the Prime DN and the voicemail box number.
When the user dials 8 to call voicemail, does the system ask for a security code or do you hear the main greeting?
Seems like it goes to the main greeting, does not prompt for security code.
Sounds like the mailbox does not exist. Can you leave a message for that mailbox? From the main greeting, dial 998 and wait for the system to ask you to enter the destination mailbox. Then enter the mailbox number for the user. Or try logging into the mailbox. From the main greeting, press * and enter the user's mailbox number.
I can't leave a message or log in to the mailbox. However when I go in to system administration and select 5 (create a new user) and enter the mailbox number, it already has the user's directory name stored from the first attempts to create the mailbox. So it exists but it doesn't exist!

When I dial 998 from the main greeting, wait for the prompt for the destination mailbox and enter the mailbox number + #, I get "That was an invalid entry".
Sounds like you need to commect with the Stratagy Admin software.
It was my understanding that the Stratagy Admin software didn't interface with IVP8 (the card doesn't have a network interface?). Am I missing something?
I do have a windows 2003 server next to the CTX-100 and it has a serial port. Can I fab up a cable to connect to the IVP8?
You'll need a null modem cable and connect via serial port using the admin software.
I can send a spare null modem cable. Does the IVP8 have a 9-pin serial port or do I need some other adapter? The PBX is on the other side of the country so I can't just look at it.

Also, can you be more specific about exactly which software I need? I have the Stratagy Enterprise Admininstration 4.8.0.3 software at my local office which we use for managing the IE32 here, but I don't see how to make it connect via serial.

Whatever I need I would have to install at that remote site so I need to know what to obtain and send.
You need the VM Manager R1.8. This is the windows version and is backwards compatible to the DK card. The IVP8 has a DB9 RS232 connector.
Thanks! I saw that laying around as well so I'll install it on the remote PC and have someone there connect the cable...

...In about a week. I'm heading out for vacation now. To be continued...
Alright... back from vacation, VM Manager 1.8 installed, null modem connected. Looks like there's a password and I don't know what it is. I tried the 999 box password and that didn't work, so it looks like its another remote access account. Can I reset that remote admin password? Looks like it may have been changed...
Nevermind the password reset part. I'm in. So what am I looking for now?
Aannnnd... looks like its resolved. I merely deleted and recreated (copied from an existing) mailbox and its functioning again. Bizarre.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help