atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi folks, first let me say thanks to all that have helped this ROOKIE!

So, thusfar, I installed Network emanager, removed pop up blocker and gotten default password and user name! GREAT I can access Network emanager.

Now In trying to add our CIX 100 phone system to the Network emanager. I cannot get the system to connect. either through a peer to peer network, or plugged in directly to the system.

There is an IP address taped all over the unit, but i dont know if that is for Voice for for the system.

So, is there something else I should try. I have tried using the default community name found on the manual, but I dont know if this is still valid.

How can I find out the device name to ping for IP address, or find the IP address to verify it is accurate, also is there a way to find the community name?

Thanks once again, you guys are lifesavers.
Since the community name is basically the password for the hardware (which is different than the password for eManager) you're out of luck.

You can use an IP scanner to find all the IP addresses on your network (assuming that the IP address of the CIX is on the same subnet as your PC). Go to download.com and get "Colasoft Mac Scanner" the free version is v1.1 or something. It's very fast and will find all IPs on your subnet.
You can get the IP address of the system from a display phone if you go into program 916.
You can get the IP address for the phone system by getting into programing through the phone , and look at program 916.
Originally posted by Steve Mull:
You can get the IP address for the phone system by getting into programing through the phone , and look at program 916.
Steve (and Jevnick) simplicity wins everytime smile . Now why didn't I just thought of that? :confused:
Ok, so If I use the default community name and the IP address that i get from pogram 916 and I enter those into the Network emanager device info, will this then allow me to connect or do I need the specific community name?

Thanks once again Sph, Steve and Jevnick
Try the default community name first, exactly as written in the doc. In my experience, it is rare that somebody would change this.
Ok, I'll do that. How do I use program 916? I have the admin option on my phone DKT3000/3200-series but i dont know the sequence to get to excecute the program.
Ok firuged out the IP address and gateway address. But Still I cant connect to the darn thing.

I have tried hooking the laptopd directly to the cat 5 cable foming from the system, and through one of our switches... Any other suggestions?
You will need to use a cross-over cable to connect to the system.
Sorry. I thought you were trying to connect directly to the system from the laptop. If you connect that way you would need to use a cross-over cable.
If you are connecting straight to the phone system, you will need the cross-over cable, but you will also need to put a static IP address in your laptop of the same subnet as your phone system.

Then enter the credentials and you should be able to get in if they are correct.
Argh...this cant be this difficult. I have a cross over cable, the correct IP address the default community name as stated by our service provider and still I cannot access the phone system....what am I doing wrong?
The "default community name" is the factory-set one from Toshiba, also mentioned in the documentation. Make sure that you type it in EXACTLY as shown, with proper case, etc.
Tadiran....THANK YOU! that did it and man!!!

Again thanks to all of you, I was able to connect and move with in the phone system..
You are most welcome and Welcome to the Board. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum so ask away!
Hey All! I'm very new to working with phone systems and I just started at a company that purchased an existing phone system(Toshiba strata ctx100) without any documentation or software. When I try and follow the directions in this post I get into the 916 menu on our DKT3220-SD's and the only buttons that give me any function are 3 line lights to enter an IP. I can't find any other information, i.e. the switch IP(IPU, correct?). I've been work in IT for quite a long time and this issue is getting under my skin a bit. If anyone has any more advice, I'd be eternally grateful!
Please start a new topic for your problem. If this thread is relevant to your problem you can link it. This helps keep things clean and helps others when they use the search feature. I'll be locking this topic. Thanks and welcome to the board.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help