atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scott Weber Block outgoing calls - 04/22/09 03:35 PM
I have a few CIX1200 systems with PRIs from the phone company.
I there a way to Block the phone number when making outgoing calls on a per call bases?

When I had Centrex lines we would dial *67. But that feature was with the phone company.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/22/09 06:32 PM
Call the carrier. Ask them if they support *67. Otherwise, No. The carrier will output the BTN for the circuit.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/22/09 06:46 PM
Voyager is correct.

Who is the carrier?
Posted By: Scott Weber Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 12:42 PM
Carrier says you can't have *67 on PRIs.
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 04:51 PM
Can you take a couple of PRI channels, put them in a different trunk group, maybe dial "8" or something to get those channels and spoof the outgoing clid that way???
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 05:34 PM
When calls are made using ISDN services the telephone number from which the call originates must be identified to the PSTN.Optionally screened by the PSTN to ensure only calls from valid billable telephone numbers are allowed to
originate calls.
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 06:39 PM
Interesting Steve,
Where I am, depending on the PRI provider, I can actually make a mistake and put an "incorrect" phone number in the system and that is what is sent. Had to fix that the other day on a site.
This does not work on all providers. We can send The DID number of individual stations if the customer so desires.
Not so where you are?
Dave Matthews
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 06:55 PM
It used to be that way, but times are changing. You can't spoof your number like in the old days. In most places here in the US, you must either go with the BTN for the circuit (which is usually some garbage number that can't even be dialed) or a valid number in the range issued by the service provider. It can even be a toll-free number, as long as it is legit and associated with the account.

I found that out yesterday with a site in the Atlanta area. We had two digits transposed in the outbound CLID for one station and all calls got rejected.

I say it is high time that they started to crack down upon telemarketers spoofing numbers to trick people into answering the phone. That is just dirty.
Posted By: Canuckvoip Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 07:29 PM
Couldn't agree with you more on the telemarketer statement Ed. That is utter BS!
I guess the only thing I could suggest then is to put one or more analog trunks on the system and prefix what was dialled with the *67 (or whatever it is) through LCR. Maybe drop a couple of PRI channels to offset the cost depending on the traffic?
In the end it's not a great idea to suppress the outgoing clid cuz people ignore things they don't trust. Some IVR systems etc refuse the call anyway...
Dave
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/23/09 09:01 PM
Put a few loopstart lines in the CIX so that you can use them for that purpose.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/24/09 03:43 AM
If you have any spair DID's , sent out that number and point it to a mailbox that has a message like " the number you have dialed is not a valid number " then in the chain done have it disconnect the call. Where I am at if we are going to send out any number other than the BTN we have to call the provider and tell them , and it must be a number associated with there account.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/25/09 10:22 PM
I have done many different thing, including as mentioned, getting a few analog trunks just for this. Most of the time I can put all (000) 000-0000, or I have even used all 8's and it worked fine. The only problem I had is when a telco was using VoIP and only sent BTN.

You can have the telco block all caller ID.
e
As far as I rememebr, if you want to use 1 PRI with multiple OLGs, you need to setup PRI call-by-call.
Posted By: Baylink Re: Block outgoing calls - 04/26/09 08:00 AM
It really depends on the carrier, even today.

Some carriers will only allow numbers DIDd to the trunk group of the timeslot in question, some will allow anything you can prove is yours, some will allow anything that's a valid NANP number, and some just don't give a crap at all.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help