atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: trinsic Fowarding incomming calls - 01/27/09 01:23 PM
HI Everyone new here. Im a independant computer consultant with a brief history of phone systems. I did some extension configurations at a job awhile back, so I know a little bit about phone systems but not much.

I have a customer that wants to be able to program a button on that would turn on/off a forward that would forward all incomming calls on the primary number to his cellphone. The system seems to have 3 lines comming in. Its a toshiba strata ctx28

The question is, I dont see a manual out there that talks about configuring the software.. but maybe there is a better way to do it. I was wondering if any of you could help?
Posted By: lahook Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/27/09 02:45 PM
you'll probably need to use emanager. create a phantom dn make phone the owner, have the co's DIT to the phantom and forward it to the cell phone. put buttons to turn on forwarding and turn off.
hope this gets you started
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/27/09 06:01 PM
Hi trinsic and welcome to the board!

If you have a CTX 28, you can program a CF-AC toggle button via One-Touch. The user manual has the instructions. PM me if you have trouble.

Thanks,
Tony
Posted By: newtecky Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/27/09 06:57 PM
You can only call forward if either the lines are set to ring directly to an extension (or phantom as mentioned above) or an extension is set as the owner of the lines and incoming calls "DIT" are not set.

Either way requires some minor programing of the system may be required.
Posted By: trinsic Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/27/09 08:02 PM
Ok thanks guys.

I am looking at emanager now.. pretty sweet.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/28/09 04:22 AM
You also inquired about a manual. If you already have eManager, then a manual in PDF is included in the installation. Go to the "help" section to find it.
Posted By: RRino Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/28/09 08:42 AM
In this scenario, you could do a day2 mode and DIT all the lines to the cell number. You have to remember that doing things this way takes up 2 lines, one for the incoming call and another for the outgoing. You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 01/28/09 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RRino:
You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.
Good point. You can only have 1 call forwarded at a time. The second call will likely get a busy signal.

I have set a DIT to an extenal number. The only downside is that the number can only be changed using emanager. If the custmer doesn't mind then it works good.
Posted By: trinsic Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 02/02/09 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RRino:
In this scenario, you could do a day2 mode and DIT all the lines to the cell number. You have to remember that doing things this way takes up 2 lines, one for the incoming call and another for the outgoing. You stated that you have 3 lines. The first call will forward fine, but another call coming in at the same time will not be able to forward. Might be better here to forward via *72 and *73 codes if they are available from your provider.
If I setup a foward for that number, and other calls came on on the other lines to that number, is it possible to make them ring to voice mail?
Posted By: Voyager Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 02/02/09 03:57 PM
If I understand your setup, No, they will try to forward and fail.
Posted By: trinsic Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 02/05/09 03:58 PM
Can I forward each number then on the current equipment?

additionally, Is there another option? would new equipment allow me to have more control over call direction?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Fowarding incomming calls - 02/05/09 07:47 PM
Without ordering a feature from the phone company there is no way to foward all lines extenally, no matter what kind of equipment you have. You would need centrex, call forward disconnect, or just call forwarding (*72 described above) added to your phone lines.

If a call comes in on line 1, then gets fowarded out to someone's cell phone, it will use up another line, usually line 3.

That only leaves line 2 open. Line 2 can not forward externally because there are no more free lines.

Now, as an option, if you had a talented Toshiba tech, they could set it up so that line 1 always call foward externally on no answer, but line 2 just goes to voicemail on no answer.

Or what I do is set up the voicemail to either;
A) take a message and notify by calling the user's cell phone that they have a message.

B) Allow the caller the option of calling the external number (like "press 1 if this is urgent"). The same limitation applies but less people will be transfering offsite.

Either way is beyond a simple setup, and needs to be done using admin software and done by someone who knows the system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help