atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Newbie_2 VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 12:23 PM
I am an end user, I need to know where to find a windows version of VSA3Z for my Stratagy VM. My company has a DK40i system with a TIVP8 VM system card. I had this software on an old Windows 95 system that died. I need a newer version of the software that will work with Windows 2000 or XP. I've already checked with my Telephone vendor who has not been able to find a newer version. Can you give me any suggestions on who to contact? Thank you.
Posted By: paul144 Re: VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 12:35 PM
moving to Toshiba.
Posted By: p2ii Re: VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 02:25 PM
You would still use the same version. There is no "Windows" version software.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 05:15 PM
I think he is looking for Stratagy Admin software???
Posted By: Voyager Re: VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 06:09 PM
You can use the new UAdmin21. It is backward compatible to the IVP8.
Posted By: newtecky Re: VSA3Z software - 04/22/08 06:38 PM
There will be a windows version. It's in Beta now. I've used the DOS based ones on Win2K and XP machines without a problem. If your telephone vendor is currently a Toshiba dealer, they can download UAdmin2.1.
Posted By: p2ii Re: VSA3Z software - 04/23/08 07:57 AM
Originally posted by newtecky:
There will be a windows version. It's in Beta now. I've used the DOS based ones on Win2K and XP machines without a problem. If your telephone vendor is currently a Toshiba dealer, they can download UAdmin2.1.
I'm using the Windows version now. It looks much like SG-ES ADMIN. It has only taken about 10 years to build. laugh
Posted By: pkley Re: VSA3Z software - 04/23/08 04:37 PM
Ah, yes FINALLY! A windows version. I like it as well, but wish that they could've included the ability to copy certain info - like Notification or AutoSchedules or Menu's...pipe dream I know, but at least now we can enter customer info and save it instead of having to enter the number EVERY time!
Posted By: Newbie_2 Re: VSA3Z software - 05/20/08 11:51 AM
Thank you everyone for your insight to this issue, I appreciate the help. Unfortunately I'm still having issues. I have purchased a US Robotics External Fax modem V.92 it is on Com 1, I have queried the modem successfully. I have installed the UAdmin2.1 software. It dials the connection via the Stratagy software, but after the handshake starts it errors out with "No Answer". This happens on both a Windows 2000 OS and XP Home Edition. Any suggestions?
Posted By: breed Re: VSA3Z software - 05/20/08 06:48 PM
Not sure if this will help but this is off of Toshiba's web knowledge base on the US Robotics Modem

Stratagy IVP8-R2 system with voice driver versions 2.0X have new modem DSP software, which allows higher speed (14.4) connections and error correction. The result code returned by the USR modem, when the error correction connection is established, can cause Admin to think that an error has occurred. To eliminate this result code, add &A0 (ARQ result codes disabled) to initialization string:

AT&F&C1&D2&A0L0Q0V0X0E1 (all "0" characters are the digit zero)
Posted By: newtecky Re: VSA3Z software - 05/20/08 08:36 PM
What are you dialing from your modem? Are you dialing the Auto Attendant, then are you entering the VM extension of the Voicemail system's internal modem?
Posted By: Newbie_2 Re: VSA3Z software - 05/21/08 08:02 AM
Yes, I am dialing from the modem to the Auto Attendant then entering the code.
Posted By: Newbie_2 Re: VSA3Z software - 05/21/08 08:35 AM
Disabling the ARQ result codes did not work. I was able to make connection and received the following error message.

Handshake retry1, Handshake retry2,Handshake retry3, Handshake failed. Wrong baud rate or other serial link parameters.

I changed the modem baud rate to 9600, received the same results.

This is farther then I have gotten before. Suggestions?
Posted By: mj_wald Re: VSA3Z software - 05/21/08 09:15 AM
What is worth... I have never been able to get anything other than a Zoom or a Boca modem to work with Stratagy FLASH or IVP8.
Posted By: Newbie_2 Re: VSA3Z software - 05/22/08 09:15 AM
MJ, What model number do you suggest for either the Boca or Zoom?
Posted By: mj_wald Re: VSA3Z software - 05/22/08 11:11 AM
The boca on my desk is a little older, its a MV34.xxx, I do not know the zoom model numbers, will post next time I am at a location with one.
Posted By: Newbie_2 Re: VSA3Z software - 05/23/08 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm back in business. I could not get the external modem to work, so I loaded Win98SE on an older tower with an internal GTW V.92 modem. Finally got the system to connect and allow me to make changes, after getting correct OS modem drivers from Gateway website. I appreciate all your imput.
Posted By: slcfree Re: VSA3Z software - 06/03/09 11:47 AM
Sorry for piggybacking on this thread.

Could someone PM me a way to reset the password in VSA3Z?

I've taken over a network and no-one seems to know this password, not even the phone vendor. help, please.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VSA3Z software - 06/03/09 02:04 PM
SLC
Your Toshiba Dealer should be able to connect to the voicemail with the admin software and access the system. If not the password can be reset remotely but you will need to have the Dealer connect a analog modem to the voicemail and request a password reset.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help