atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ctx100 call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/09/07 10:05 AM
Hi All,

I am new to the boards.. I have come across a CTX100 and want to be able to create new extensions as well be able to forward incoming calls to an external number. I have logged in successfully so far in to the system. Will really appreciate all the help
Posted By: Voyager Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/09/07 01:04 PM
Forwarding calls externally is easy. Creating extensions is not so.....

You need the eManager program to administer the CTX100 system.

When you say you have logged in...what does that mean? Have you gotten into programming mode on the phone? or do you have eManager hooked up?
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/10/07 10:06 AM
The CTX100 is running version 2.22 so I am using WinAdmin to console into the system. I tried to create a PDN copying off an existing extension and it was throwing an error. I need to attach voicemail boxes to these extensions as well.

As far as forwarding.. I was successful in doing Internal but not outside. I used a couple of sequences like 6033..6043..to accomplish that.

Thanks a lot for your response..

Will await your next reply
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/10/07 12:27 PM
What type of voicemail do you have?

Do you have a set of manuals and user guides? There may be a CD around that will have those on it.

Have you experience programming of telephone business systems?
The reason I ask is to get a grip on what level of knowledge you have and need.
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/11/07 03:14 PM
I have worked on an old Meridian system as well implemented a shoretel voip at a company recently. 66 block..25pair .. I am familiar.. Shoretel is so so easy to manage. I have a phone manual as well as a small user guide which doesn't help. The system belongs to my brother and according to him he didn't receive any other manuals or even cds.
Posted By: newtecky Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/11/07 07:40 PM
If you are trying to foward an extenternal call, thenin Class of Service, make sure that the Tandom CO box is checked. When using the #60XX codes for externeal, be sure you put the line access code(9 typically) in first, then the # key at the end.

As far as extensions, basically, the circuit number has to be a valid, unique number. Check your card assignment. The number is 6 digits, first 2 are cabinet (always 01 for CTX 100), next 2 are slot (01 to 09 for expanded system), and last 2 are circuit number on the card (01-08 for PDKU, BDKU. 01-16 for BDKU/BDKS, or BWDKU.

Check under Maintainence to see if any extension port is not programed (Not Exist) and available to be assigned an extension.

Would also be helpfull to know what the error said. Could also be out of licenses.
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/12/07 04:08 PM
Thanks for the help newtecky.. I will follow the steps you suggested and let you know how it works out
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/17/07 10:49 AM
I have to select the Class of Service number and then check the box. I have the range from 1-32. Which one should be changed in this scenario.
Posted By: Voyager Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/17/07 01:15 PM
Whatever one is assigned to the phone you want to forward. Basically, I always assign it in "1", then all phones are assigned by default.
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/21/07 12:30 PM
Great Thanks.. It worked out.. Im trying to log in to voicemail now using a null modem cable and getting the following error..

Can't read config data from Stratagy..

Using the top serial port on the IVP8..

Baud rate = 57600
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/21/07 02:14 PM
Are you using the Stratagy Admin ?
Stratagy Admin is a PC software used to connect to Stratagy Flash, DK and IVP8 voicemail to do administrator programming.
You should be using port 2 not port 1`.
Your baud rate should also be lower at 9600, if memory serves me well.
Posted By: newtecky Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/21/07 07:03 PM
For the older(R.1) IVP8 with a tan faceplace, the baudrate is 9600, and you should use R3 Admin or the newer UAdmin 2.0 or 2.1. Xadmin or R4Admin are not backward compatible with that one. (Unless a DST update was applied lately)

For the newer IVP8 with No faceplate or a Black one, that is a Rev 2 and you should connect at 57600 using R4Admin, XAdmin or the newest UAdmin (Ver 2.0 or 2.1).

In both cases you should connect to the top seril port. The com port numbers changed from R.1 to R.2, but so the the placement. So connect to the top one whether it says Com 1 or 2.

I saw that same error once, a long time ago. I did not find out what cased it. I have heard that using an incompatible admin version can cause database corruptions.
Posted By: ctx100 Re: call forwarding on CTX100 - 05/21/07 07:43 PM
Thanks a lot for the input guys.. I am using the UAdmin2.1 .. it turned out to be a bad null modem cable.. I took a gamble and went to buy another one and it worked... Now I'm having issues with forwarding externally.. only on a few extensions.. Its getting late.. I'm gonna call it a day and give it a shot tomorrow..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help