atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm DK 280 Needs VM - 01/07/07 11:17 AM
Howdy folks,

Customer has a Strata DK280. They would like an 8 port voicemail system that integrates w the DK280.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: KENB Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 01/07/07 11:26 AM
The choices are almost endless from inskin Toshiba mails to standalone products like Voicegate, Amanda ,ETC.

Much is dependent on size of the system ,mailboxes needed , features required
customer budget,software level of system ,slots available.
Posted By: Maverick007 Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 01/07/07 06:34 PM
KENB is right,
almost any voicemail will work, i have used Allen for a cheap but afective use, and an Active voice Repatee full blown

Its up to you on how much the customer would like to spend.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 01/08/07 09:14 PM
Customer used a Lingo voicemail, and has had many problems. They would like one designed to work w Toshiba.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 01/09/07 05:28 AM
jjimm,
My suggestion as always BUY a Toshiba Stratagy. Made by Toshiba for Toshiba. IVP8 would be your best bet now days. The PC based units have seen there day, the Flash is maxed at 4 ports, the DK (inskin) is a Hard Drive unit but the IVP8 is a Flash inskin and a very solid offering.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/06/07 12:48 PM
Aleen Technologies VME Pro if you must have 8 ports. They aren't called Toshiba "Tragedy" for nothing.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/08/07 12:32 AM
What are they looking to spend? An Amanda 8 port with hard drive (used) is very cheap and easy to program. It will do most anything most people need.

If they have money to spend, then a new IVP8 is a great choice. You will need a laptop and a learning curve for it, but it is not that bad and a dealer can always modem into it from off site if you get really stuck.
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/08/07 04:08 PM
the ivp8 or the dk card are your best choice solid product and itegrats with a 280 the best

you can pick them up cheap on ebay and with some practice you can make that thing sing.....
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/08/07 10:15 PM
Check out CTL. The PC based VS6 is available with 8 ports, integrates with just about anything (I have 3 on Toshiba DK systems), they're easy to set up, and CTL tech support is really good. The price is right, too.
Posted By: HutchComm Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/13/07 10:21 AM
I advise Toshiba for Toshiba as stated before. I have had past problems using other brands such as the Amanda and smooth operator (yack!) etc..... Save trouble and time do a IVP8 you can do 2 or 4 or 6 or even 8 ports according to your needs. Need cheap go for a Stratagy Flash 2 or 4 port, those old things you can find referb cheap and they do a good job. They just use analog ports off your system where as the IVP slides in a card slot; if your pressed for space or configuration.
Posted By: jckcomm Re: DK 280 Needs VM - 02/13/07 10:36 AM
Also thinkof the Aleen VME Pro...The Tech support has gotten much better, and the unit has a specific Toshiba interface.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help