atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Erin Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/12/06 01:24 PM
I have a DK16 with Stratagy Flash vm. Long story short -- Flash died, got a used Flash but I have no admin software for the reinstall. My original Toshiba installer refused to give me the software because they want the maitenance $$. Can I FTP the admin software from someone?

Thanks
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/12/06 06:18 PM
The software you're looking for is copyrighted. Giving it out freely would be software piracy. You can contact a Toshiba dealer for a legally obtained copy.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/12/06 06:46 PM
Erin
You will also need a Null Modem cable and a PC with a DB9 Serial connection.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/12/06 06:51 PM
You know you don't have to accept a maintenance contract if you don't want to, check for another dealer. You should be able to hire them to get it working...install it and program it kinda thing. good luck
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/13/06 06:05 AM
"My original Toshiba installer refused to give me the software because they want the maitenance $$."

Of course they did. Most any installer would do the same, I know I would.

First, like is written above, that is copyrighted software. Second, let me get this straight, you bought a voice mail from your vendor, it worked for a while (it must be a long time otherwise it would be under a parts warranty) and then it "died" and you bought a used voice mail (NOT from the vendor)....now you want them to give you the software for FREE but they want to charge you to fix it? The outrage! :rolleyes:

Look at it from their side. You bought a voice mail, it died, you bought a used voice mail from someone else and then you want them to provide you the means to install it yourself. These people are in business as their livelyhood. It is unreasonable to ask them to give you free software on a piece of equipment that you did not buy from them.

To do so whould be akin to me buying a Nissan at a local dealership, then the engine dies after the warranty is up. I then buy a new (used) engine off of Ebay and ask the orriginal dealer to give me the installations manual for free rather than having them fix it. Of course they tell me that they cannot do that but will happily install my new engine for me or fix the old one. Does that make it a little clearer why the dealer "refuses" to give the software to you?

Sorry for rambling and maybe sounding curt, but the whole issue lies in the facts that the dealer has no resposibility to this used voice mail as they did not sell it to you, and they have the responsibility of keeping proprietary software legal.

Steve
Posted By: Erin Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/13/06 06:37 AM
I guess I wote my email above with the sequence wrong -- my ORIGINAL dealer and installer (10+ years ago) would not provide the admin software. I own the DK and the Flash, aren't I the legitimate owner of the admin software license? Since the Flash worked great for 10 years and all we had to do was maintain it, keypad programming was fine. However, now that it is dead, I am stuck.

I certainly would never expect my original dealer to provide the software now for gear that they did not install.
Posted By: specelec Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/13/06 07:24 AM
This is where it gets sticky. I have this isuue with some of my customers.

Yes, you own the DK and the Stratagy Flash. But you do not own the software that the installing company uses to program it. Can you buy the software??? YES! Then you will own it.

A google search should light the way.
Hope this helps
Each voicemail comes with a CD copy of the admin. software.

You never see that when you buy a voicemail from the end user, they toss it.

The person who sold you the voicemail could have, but did not, include a CD copy of the software.

If Toshiba were to restrict the software admin to dealers only, they would not ship one with each voicemail and that indicates to me it would not be a piracy issue with someone sending you a copy.

I would have no issue with giving a voicemail admin software to a customer as they are often the one who exclusively administers it unless there is a service issue.

That said, you have to know which software you have on the vm you have and most likely if you post that, some kind installer would send the correct version to you. I see your case as a vendor not giving you the access you should have. If you said, "I'll buy the voicemail from you if you provide the software," you would have the software and not be looking for it.

Other people can disagree about this, but I am right.
Posted By: zecka Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/29/06 02:27 PM
Does anyone know where I could get software for a Stratagy Voicemail working with a DK40i system?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 09/29/06 03:30 PM
What voicemail? Flash, DK, IVP8 (3 or 4)
Posted By: zecka Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 10/02/06 08:04 AM
SSphone:
The bottom of the voice mail box shows that it was built by Dialogic Corp and Model VoiceBrick. The top only shows STRATAGY. It has 4 ports in the back. The user guide (issued Nov 1999) refers to "STG-UG-SYSR3-VB" and Stratagy R3. Are there different types of software ( You mention DK and Flash)?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 10/02/06 10:26 AM
Email and PM sent.
That was nice of you SSP, he was entitled to it and you were very courteous to send it.

Please consider this a virtual gold star.
Posted By: BigGee Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 10/16/06 12:07 PM
SSP... I have the same exact system with the same exact problem... might you send me a similar reply?

The nonprofit I work for got this nifty dk40i with the same stratagy voicemail as described above... and could really use the programming software! If you have a PDF on it's programming, that too would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Gregg
There are different flavors of admin software and specifying the info on the VM helps people figure out what they could send you.

You will probably be lucky, but the people who post with the most info, get the fastest answer.
Posted By: BigGee Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 10/16/06 08:58 PM
Okay, here goes... I am staring at a Stratagy Flash 4 port voicemail. On the back it's identified as a Dailogic Corp Voicebrick.

I don't have any manuals. I don't have the admin software. I do have a system that is part of the dk40i system that was donated to my agency. I can get through the programming of the dk40i with no problem. I need to reset/reprogram the voicemail. From what I've seen/heard... there is software that can make this painless. I'd love to have the documentation, too... if anyone can help with either it would be soooooo appreciated!

Thanks much

Gregg
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy Flash admin software - 10/17/06 06:12 AM
BigGee email sent.

Before I close this topic let me say, nothing in life is free. Manuals, software, time all cost something.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help