atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad CTX-100 questions (ext numbering and vm key) - 12/14/05 11:18 AM
I have some CTX questions:

1. I have a BDKU and a BDKS (pretty sure) which gives me 16 total digital phone ports. Is it possible to change the extension number on 213 and 214 to 220 and 221 respectively?

2. How can I program a VM access key on a 3010 phone without display. I am assuming there is a way to program this, and I guess it's a speed dial key. I know my VM extension numbers are 216 and 217.

3. I need to add an RCOS3 (it's a 4 CO line) card that attaches to the to exisitng RCOU. We need to support just 1 more phone line. Do I need to use the PC software to add this line or can I do it through a phone?

many thanks.
#3 thru the phone will be difficult to add the daughter card for the co's and program 1 new line.
Answer to #1 is yes, best also done thru admin.

Answer #2 if the buttons are open you can program a one touch button with the voicemail DHG #.
The CTX/CIX is far more complex to program than the older DK40, 424, etc. that were intended to be able to program everything with a phone.

It is penny wise and pound foolish not to buy the eManager software and use that. It needs windoz XP pro, SP2 which you could have on a spare comuter, it doesn't have to be new, just support XP, SP2. I could only load it on my pc when all anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. was removed.

Sometimes you just have to move with the future, the CTX/CIX is designed to have a huge amount of programming power and you can't expect to get that out of programming on a 20 button phone.
I have the CD with all the software (eManager??) and I have a Win2000 laptop and I loaded IIS but I have not tried it out yet. I was told Win2000 would work. Yes?
If you have a CD, it has CTX WinAdmin. Toshiba never shipped eManager on a CD. Even when they were shipping ver 3.1 which REQUIRED emanager to run, they still shipped it with WinAdmin. Now, they don't ship with any CDs.

If you have a CTX ver 2.22 or lower, then the version on your CD should work. 3.1 and higher software will require eManager. You could connect to the CTX ver 3.1, but would have problems especially with card assignments. If you have ver 2.22 or less, then I've found that CTX WInAdmin will work better then eManager in some cases.

CTX Winadmin will work on win2000 with IIS. I've seen eManager 3.1 also work on win 2K, even though Toshiba says you need Win XP Pro.

When you connect to the CTX, it will tell you first what version on WinAdmin you are running, and which ver of CTX you are connected to.

You can do many things through phone programming, if you have the manual with you, but almost all techs I've seen, program only through software.
Anyone know how to get eManager 3.1 to work with win 2K? All I get is a blank screen when I launch the software. IIS is running.
Disable script blocking in your antivirus software.

eManager 4.10A38 is the latest, released last week. Works fine on Win2k.
It turns out my eManager is 4.10. I am using Win2k with sp4. All programs are off or disabled. What else could conflict?
This evening I attempted to load eManager into an XP machine. There were some errors is loading, something about a dial*.dll and asp*.dll. I will have to write down the exact names. When I attempt to run eManager, all I get is a blank screen. Hopefully someone here has seen something similar.
I can be more specific about the errors in loading eManager 4.1. All three are the same except for the file name:

Error 1904 Module DialToNhsSvr.dll failed to register
Error 1904 Module ASPSleep.dll failed to register
Error 1904 Module SESUA.dll failed to register

Thanks,
John
Have not seen that before. You have admin rights when you installed it? You could try checking IIS to see if the website is working. Try https://localhost. Check the IIS under Administrative tools. SQL server running ok?

If Winadmin worked, eManager should also. I loaded it up on 2 machines recently. I just had problem because Administrator group didn't have the correct rights in local policy (I changed a few of them before, including logging in thru network.

A search on Google and Toshiba turned up nothing.
After installing eManager on my Win XP Pro machine, I am still having trouble. IIS is installed. MSSQL server in on. When I click on eManager, ie attemps to access https://localhost/emanager/app/default.asp. It never seems to load. All I see is a blank screen. Some setting must still be wrong.
According to Toshiba tech support, that's a common problem. Make sure the script blocking option in your antivirus is turned off.
My antivirus, spyware, firewall, and popup blocker were all off. I assume when each one is turned off, there is nothing left.

On the positive side, I did the programming I wanted through the phone.
Did you try reinstalling eManager with all that turned off? That's the only other thing I would know to do.
My phones do not have direct inward dialing, each phone has all lines. When I pick up a regular line, I get a stuttering dial tone. It stutters once every time I pick up a line. Any idea why that would happen? I think it started when I removed the delay in dialing.
That indicates you have a message. Since it's on an outside line, you probably have voicemail through the phone company.
Good guess, but no. If I were to pick up an emergency phone connected directly to the phone line, the dial tone would sound normal.
Good guess, but no. If I were to pick up an emergency phone connected directly to the phone line, the dial tone would sound normal.
I don't know if you ever got emanager working or not. I had to REMOVE all antivirus, antispyware, antiadware for the software to load in the Dell 1100.

I'm not saying you have to do that, but only that got me running.
No I never got it working. Even when I turned off all antivirus, antispyware and antiadware, I could not get eManager working. Maybe I missed turning off something. Eventually I will try again. Until then, I will program using the phone.
You may be able to do some programming with the CTX Winadmin. Some things may work. Some will give you errors, like card assignment.

What setting did you change to get rid of the dialing delay?
So you have voicemail on your phone system? The only other thing it could be is if another extension called yours and hit the button to leave you a message.

Do you have a display phone? That should show if you have a new message. Try intercom #409, that should clear any message waiting indicators, including stutter dialtone.
I guess there is more than one question going on. The question to me was about getting rid of my dialing delay. Under trunk assignment, I set immediate cut-through to enable. There are some side effects, such as losing the redial button and call restrictions.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help