atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: muligan Can't access COS - 03/18/05 12:35 PM
Let me first say I am not very versed in our Telrad system, but I used to be able to use the attendant console and enter the COS to make changes to an extensions ability to access long distance. Recently every time I try I get a "Please try later" message. I called the company that we have used for service in the past and the guy could only recommend rebooting the phone system. This sounds easy enough but is there any other suggestions? System is a Digital Key BX, I believe version SB6.03 based on what is written on the box itself.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 12:50 PM
I don't know of a way to program the digital through a phone. Only on the Sysonip. I can't spell it.

You need a programing kit. Check with SSphones

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies
Posted By: Telradmaniac Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 01:48 PM
Synopsys are the only Telrad system that I know of that you can program through an ext. The system is about 1.5' wide, 6" thick and about 3' tall, dark Gray, and hinges from the right.

The Digital Key BX you mentioned is either an 8/18 or an S128 KSU. They are a light grey with Green writing, and sometimes has a cover over the front (where the cards are inserted).

Otherwise you will need Dkeybx (PCP Software) and a MAP cord (Cat 5 patch cord with an RJ-45-to-serial connector).

E-mail me if you want the program.

------------------
Telradmaniac
[email protected]
Posted By: muligan Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 01:59 PM
I think maybe I wasn't clear. I remember being able to hit the program button on the attendant console, then the COS button, then dial an extension # and was able assign a code for day like 01 or 05 and the same for night. Now when I hit the COS button the read out says "Please try later". What could have changed? Other than maybe a power gliche has screwed something up.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 03:37 PM
The only thing I can think of is The Virtual ext's. Do you canhge the EXT to give acces? But that came in Version 7 or E2E. But I'm not sure. But I don't Think it was in 6.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tony3866 (edited March 18, 2005).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 03:45 PM
What you are talking about is the COS Reassignment and yes you can do it from the Attn Console, if the configuration computer is connected online you will get the Try Again Later, walk back and see if it was left online by chance. It has to be disconnected in order for you to program the COS from the Attn Console.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: Can't access COS - 03/18/05 03:56 PM
Never Installed one and didn't even think that he was talking about the attendant PC. Sorry muligan.

Thats why your the man DTMF

------------------

[This message has been edited by tony3866 (edited March 18, 2005).]
Posted By: muligan Re: Can't access COS - 03/21/05 07:06 AM
As far as I know we don't have a configuation computer hooked up the system. Only when we have had a service tech. come in have I seen a laptop connected to the box.
You're not talking about the IVM computer right?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Can't access COS - 03/21/05 07:12 AM
No, I'm talking about the switch, not knowing what the last guy did with the programming I would suggest you do a re-boot of the switch. If nothing has changed then you should be able to do your COS agian.
Posted By: muligan Re: Can't access COS - 03/21/05 07:25 AM
Justed rebooted the switch and now it works.

Thanks
Posted By: dtmf Re: Can't access COS - 03/21/05 07:28 AM
You bet, I think what happened was that the last time they were in the switch they didn't exit programming all the way causing it to disable your Attn. COS access.
Posted By: muligan Re: Can't access COS - 03/22/05 12:29 PM
Now that I have this function working I need a little education on how to use it. I know that if you have a setting of 01 you can dial long distance, 05 local area only. Can you use any other settings to limit even further? I have one extension that is set to 08. What does that do? The Documentation from Telrad is worse than horrible.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help