atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel mod clip on tool trouble - 11/28/13 08:48 PM
the modular clip on tool we plug into a jack so we can clip on the buttset leads it a great tool. but, from time to time im leaning over a desk or something and can barely reach it. after clipping raising up to hear for dialtone can be enough to job one of the clips off. has anyone figured out a way to get the clips to hang on better. thanks dave
Posted By: MooreTel Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 11/28/13 10:04 PM
I have no idea of the tool you describe. Have you a photo or link?

What I did, was attach mounting cord to the terminals of my TS-22 buttset so when needed I can plug directly into a jack without connecters or adapters.
Posted By: skip555 Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 11/28/13 10:15 PM
I think he's talking about a Banjo ,Dave

I have a couple of various versions of this one , leave the line cord plugged in then plug this in and the clips are at desk level . they are also angled and hold the buttset clips better than the little one with the built in cord

one thing like about the TS 19 is I can unplug the cordset and plug a line cord in direct

[url=https://www.all-spec.com/images/product/fluke_networks/10220100.jpg][/url]

[Linked Image from all-spec.com]
Posted By: mdaniel Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 11/29/13 12:50 AM
My banjo has holes in the test taps so that you can clip the buttset in the holes and it not slip off.

Edit to add:
I didn't see Skips pic,.... mine is just like that only blue.
Posted By: skip555 Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 11/29/13 02:28 AM
I'm guessing the OP has one of there . I have one I found sticking out of a jack when a customer moved into a office suite and they are miserable to use

the tabs don't let the clips get a good grip

[Linked Image from images10.newegg.com]
Posted By: davetel Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 11/29/13 04:11 AM
yes i have the small one. i think i will start using the banjo type. thanks dave
Posted By: Yoda Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/11/13 07:12 PM
I've used the one like Skip showed. I drill a hole in center of the tab, then put a small bolt into it. The nut has to be slid onto the tab, because there isn't enough room to turn the nut. Screw the bolt into the nut. Then add 3 or 4 more nuts to give you something to clip your butt set onto. I'll take a picture of mine when I get out to my tool bag.
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/11/13 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Yoda
I've used the one like Skip showed. I drill a hole in center of the tab, then put a small bolt into it. The nut has to be slid onto the tab, because there isn't enough room to turn the nut. Screw the bolt into the nut. Then add 3 or 4 more nuts to give you something to clip your butt set onto. I'll take a picture of mine when I get out to my tool bag.

Why go through all of that trouble when you can just get the next one up that has holes in it? The price difference at my local Fry's is only about 2 or 3 dollars and they carry all of the sizes Fluke makes and for reasonable prices too.
Posted By: gelehu Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/12/13 09:20 PM
I have toyed with the idea of custom making these things.Anyone got any ideas. For what they cost for a little plastic and a 4c line cord I could make a really nice one.
Posted By: skip555 Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/12/13 10:05 PM
why reinvent the wheel ? there are many of them out there that work great and the cost is minimal

the first one I linked to is my favorite Harris /fluke , followed by a Ideal 8 conductor one for when I need to test a 8 conductor jack

I had a boy working for me that made his own out of a biscuit jack and some bolts ...worked fine but I've got better things to do with my time
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/13/13 02:58 AM
Modadapt or Proskit sell the same thing, eight tabs with two modular 8 pin jacks in a round configuration. I just carefully drilled holes in the tabs large enough to clip angled bed of nails butt set clips. Took just a few minutes. The clips stay in place unless I remove them.
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/13/13 05:23 PM
I'll second the Modadapt recommendation. I've got two of them and have been very happy with them.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/13/13 06:57 PM
This? https://www.siemon.com/e-catalog/ECAT_GI_page.aspx?GI_ID=tt_modapt
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/13/13 08:44 PM
Yep!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/13/13 09:01 PM
I just have the standard Fluke 6 pin banjo. Never had an issue with clips falling off BUT the tabs do tend to bend.
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: mod clip on tool trouble - 12/14/13 07:16 AM
I believe the sandman carries these
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help