atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: billyho Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/25/09 04:10 PM
It would be nice if there were a Vertical Communications section that covers the SBX 320 and The Wave products as well as any other systems Vertical comes out with in the future.

Thanks
Bill Harding
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/25/09 05:26 PM
Bill, this idea was thrown around about a year ago. It was decided to leave the category named Vodavi for the time being since that name represents about 90% of the embeded base. The remaining 10% can be addressed in the same category or the Other Systems category.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/26/09 05:28 AM
Ed

Can't the name of Vodavi be changed to to "Vodavi/Vertical"?
Posted By: grider Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/26/09 10:04 AM
Originally posted by OldH2oSkier:
Ed

Can't the name of Vodavi be changed to to "Vodavi/Vertical"?
Not that I give a hoot but that is just like Avaya-Lucent.

Seems to work there :thumb:
Posted By: justbill Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/26/09 12:39 PM
The difference I see is Avaya evolved from AT&T than Lucent same product different label.

Vertical combines two well known and different products as well as a combined product. I think this would be a good discussion for the mods of those two categories. Not that it hasn't been discussed before, as Ed pointed out.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/26/09 01:44 PM
I see no problem with the idea of the combo name. It's a sign of the times.

I just think that most people coming here for help own Vodavi equipment and wouldn't recognize the complete change of the name.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/26/09 04:04 PM
Not that I have more than a passing interest, but does that mean a possible AVAYA/NORTEL forum would result if AVAYA really does buy NORTEL BCS for $475 Million? (Mwah hah hah hah, only the SHADOW knows!) John C.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/28/09 08:22 AM
And what about Comdial? At this point in time, lumping all the variations of Vertical under one heading could be very confusing for many. This forum needs to be kept simple if it is to remain friendly to those who aren't trained technicians.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/28/09 12:07 PM
Originally posted by billyho:
The Wave products as well as any other systems Vertical comes out with in the future.

Thanks
Bill Harding
:rofl: :rofl: Hopefully they'll all be as successful as the Wave!
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/28/09 12:21 PM
If we did anything I think a New Vertical forum would be the best bet and leave Comdial for Comdial issues and the same with Vodavi.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/28/09 07:49 PM
Bill, first of all, thanks for your post and concern about the need for a Vertical forum.

But, at this time the administration of the board does not see a need for a new "Vertical" forum.

Post about Comdial and Vodavi equip can be placed in the appropriate forums.
And post about the new Vertical VOIP systems can be handled in the "VOIP" forum at this time.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Perhaps a vertical forum? - 07/28/09 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mdaniel:
Bill, first of all, thanks for your post and concern about the need for a Vertical forum.

But, at this time the administration of the board does not see a need for a new "Vertical" forum.

Post about Comdial and Vodavi equip can be placed in the appropriate forums.
And post about the new Vertical VOIP systems can be handled in the "VOIP" forum at this time.
That's the same direction we went when it was brought up a couple a years ago...looks like it still holds true.
:thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help