atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rick426 Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/08/08 12:31 PM
I have a customer in a small butcher shop with a kill room. Im continually changing sets becasue the sub washes the walls with a pressure washer. He claims to cover the sets in plastic bags. He has an old Meritor and wants to upgrade He only has two lines and about 8 sets. Is there any kind of water proof set for a norstar
Thanks
Rick

edited title: from mosture to moisture
Posted By: paul144 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/08/08 12:36 PM
The only waterproof sets I have ever seen that I have any confidence in being truly waterproof were s/l sets in outdoor style enclosures.
Posted By: SST Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/08/08 01:26 PM
How about a water proof box to put the phone in?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/08/08 02:04 PM
Yep. Check with Gaitronics or www.gaitronics.com for their weatherproof enclosures, model #255-001. That's about the best solution you are going to find and that is assuming that you can trust the customer close the door. Even though they have spring-loaded doors, they don't latch shut on their own.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/09/08 03:53 AM
Wow!
I thought Gaitronix doesn't exist since 1992 when they stop theire Cohort line.
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/09/08 05:04 AM
I believe graybar sells a box as well. I put a couple in outside at a nursery. I haven't had any problems. I believe they even have a nice picture of a phone on the box.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/09/08 05:52 AM
I would look at putting a a single line set in the "kill room " something like this weatherproof phone by Viking

problem with the box is will they hear the phone ring with the box closed and will they remember to close and latch the box
i use thes weatherproof phones from Guardian. https://www.guardiantelecom.com/products.php?view=16 they have no exposed moving parts, a reed is used as a hookswitch. Some models have a keypad like that on a payphone, some like on a microwave but the ones i prefer have a rubber keypad (they are sold as WRT10)I started using one after seeing one being used in an instant coffee factory, they pressure wash the rooms to get the coffee out and it survived that!
Posted By: Rick426 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/12/08 05:15 AM
Thanks Guys for the good tips
I was hoping for maybe a water proof norstar set
but we can make the single line sets work
Have a good day
Rick
i use the guardian phones with ATA's and they work just fine
Posted By: Rick426 Re: Advice on moisture proof phones - 05/12/08 07:41 AM
My customer relies on paging through the sets he has 4 ext's that would have to be water proof. Depending on how bad and how much he wants to spend I guess he could put in paging in those locations.
Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help