atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Wake up call generator - 09/10/06 03:19 PM
Does anyone know of a device that can be used to generate automatic wake up calls? The PBX we installed for a country club doesn't have this capability and now they have added twenty guest rooms. I know that ESI used to make the "Roll Call" system, but that's been discontinued. Is anyone else making something that will just connect to a few analog extensions and perform this function?
Posted By: TDS Re: Wake up call generator - 09/10/06 06:18 PM
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS

https://www.sandman.com/callacct.html#wakeup
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Wake up call generator - 09/10/06 07:07 PM
TDS: Thanks for the response, I already checked that out first. I was hoping to find something that allows the guests to enter the wake up call information themselves at any time.
Posted By: TDS Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 04:30 AM
if you find one let me know .a lot of hotel
chains hilton etc requre this and a lot of then
have older vmail without this and are having too
replace them just for this.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 07:44 AM
I found a link for a product called "Reveille" (prounounced reva-lee) that claims to do what we need from a front-desk console. I was hoping to find something automated that guests can call into to set their own wake up calls.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 10:07 AM
Ed you could install a TDS lodging system that has wake up call built in
Posted By: Carp Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 04:47 PM
Ed,

Have you considered Asterisk PBX?

They are a few AGI scripts out there for a wake up call generator. And it's easy to write on yourself to customize features.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 09:38 PM
Thanks, so far for the suggestions, but I am not a CG, nor are any of my employees. I am looking for a product that will provide this service, not a box of nails and a load of lumber with instructions to build a deck or a swing set.

I need a commercially-available product with real doccumentation, not notes written on memo pads by the "designer" of the program on a box made from an old computer. I need something with manuals, support by the manufacturer, and minimal involvement by my "telephone men".

I am starting to think that I may be expecting too much. Again, thank you all for your contributions to this cause, but I need something really simple for a bunch of really simple operators, so the very idea of custom computer appications is completely out of the question.

Back to the drawing board!
Posted By: justbill Re: Wake up call generator - 09/11/06 09:46 PM
Ed,
I searched some time ago for an add on. What you found by Reveille was about all I could find.
Posted By: mforrence Re: Wake up call generator - 09/12/06 05:28 AM
I faced this same issue several years ago - ended up buying one that an IVR company had made for "off the shelf" type installations. It cost more than the ESI Rollcall that I had quoted (this was when Rollcall had just been discontinued) - but less than you think when you think "IVR". It uses a DOS PC and a Dialogic board. Customer touches it twice a year to change the time. We sold two of them and they're both running just fine. I THINK that the company was Voice Products Plus from Chicago. This was ten years ago...
Mike
Posted By: aweaver Re: Wake up call generator - 09/12/06 07:54 PM
Why not use a Comdial Debut voicemail with analog ports? It has basic wake up call capability. See text that I cut out of the manual.

"If you enter Yes in the Hotel guest privileges only? field, the system
restricts the options available to the mailbox. When the mailbox
owner opens the mailbox, the only options are listening to messages
or scheduling a wake-up call.
The WAKE-UP TIME field displays the time the system places a
call the extension listed in the transfer To field on MAIL BOX Page 1.
Corporate Office does not actually place the call at the time specified
here unless the wake-up time is currently scheduled. The mailbox
owner can also schedule a wake-up call by calling into the system.
If you enter Yes in the Currently Scheduled? field, the system calls
the extension listed in the transfer To field on MAIL BOX Page 1, at
the time specified in the WAKE-UP TIME field."
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Wake up call generator - 09/12/06 09:17 PM
Aweaver is right, but you can use most any keyvoice voice-mail system. Ed call me if you need help with this
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help