Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Not sure If this is the right forum for this,

I have access to a Esna TOL-VM, I also run Broadworks up here in Maine and have an interest in using the TOL for a third party v-mail. I would have to transfer the license, and possibly upgrade the system.

Is it possible to transfer licenses? Also, is the license written to the actual version of TOL, and can it be upgraded? I have seen that Broadsoft support the newer version of TOL as a third party system.

Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What is the ESNA currently connected to, if anything, and what version/build is it running.

Generally, the TOL was licensed to a particular machine. If you wanted to move it from one machine to another, it would have to be re-licensed and ESNA support would have to get involved. If it's a version 7 or below, lots of licensing has to take place to get to the current version, with upgrades done in a couple of steps. It's not at all difficult, but it can become involved.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
This is a TOL ver 7.1 I believe. It is installed on a Win XP machine. I currently have the machine, and the ix-CME platform it was connected to. The customer's support company just quite supporting Iwatsu systems all at once. They could not find another support company and decided to move on.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
If it's currently at 7.1, it must be upgraded within version 7 before you can upgrade to version 8,9 or later. Something in the way the Sentinel licensing is handled is different, so a platform change within ESNA was made. Since it's on an XP machine, some upgrades won't even work- I have a customer in a similar situation. You can probably make what you have work with the Broadworks equipment- this all connects via SIP- but equipment constraints will make it tough. You need to move the existing installation to a newer machine. You'll need a dealer's help to move the license, then the dealer will need to reinstate the software/support assurance on the machine in order to get software updates. You'll need to get a lot of ducks in a row...

Last edited by JBean3329; 09/14/15 04:42 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 289 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024